ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Requirement for Employer Letter 5 years, tier 2 to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mdtaifurrahman
Newly Registered

New Requirement for Employer Letter 5 years, tier 2 to ILR

Post by mdtaifurrahman » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:14 pm

On 19th 2015, Home Office made an amendment that will require ''Sponsors to certify in writing that the migrant (Tire 2) is still required for the employment in question for the foreseeable future and that the salary payable will continue for the foreseeable future.'' This very 'foreseeable future'' term is the newest addition.

Is anyone here with limited contract length and nearing the ILR application eligibility contemplating about this issue?
I am quite nervous as my ILR eligibility would be in Sept 2016, while my current visa runs till 14th Nov. I anticipate to land another contract of 1/2 years, yet not very sure whether Home Office would see that as 'foreseeable future''!! I work for University as a researcher.

Thank you very much

mdtaifurrahman
Newly Registered

Re: New Requirement for Employer Letter 5 years, tier 2 to I

Post by mdtaifurrahman » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:40 pm

freinds , I badly need your comments. We are canadian permanent residents and should do not come to Canada by mid Feb 2016 we will loose the Canadian PR, however I want to live and work in the Uk as I am quite settled in the UK and like my work environment. I have a family of 2 kids and wife who all like UK over Canada.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:16 pm

It isn't a new requirement.

It is not really clear what your actual question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mdtaifurrahman
Newly Registered

Post by mdtaifurrahman » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:22 pm

[Hi,
Thanks for at least replying. As for the Tire 2 general 5 years route to IlR the requirement for the employer to mention that they would require the applicant in question for the foreseeable future is a new addition.

My question is: should my employer writes that I will be required for the post for another 1 year, will that be considered as a foreseeable future or the job contract should be open ended?
I will appreciate your kind reply.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:29 pm

It only needs to state 'foreseeable future'. It does not have to give a timeframe.

The confusion with your post is why you mention your Canadian PR and Feb 2016. That and your Tier 2 have nothing to do with each other, so unless you can clearly ask a specific question, your posts are confusing.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mdtaifurrahman
Newly Registered

Post by mdtaifurrahman » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:32 pm

sorry for the confusion. Of course Canadian PR is nothing to do with UK IlR. however, my fear is should I now abandon Canadian PR for our intent to stay in the UK, maybe the foreseeable future issue may be a killing factor for my UK settlement agreement. Anyway, I am not sure whether my HR would explicitly write the term foreseeable future as it is vague. They may mention they will require me in the future. I am not sure whether this very "foreseeable" term is something obligatory or an employer can write in their own format which would means the employee with be with them for at least several months to come...

HarryJones

Post by HarryJones » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:58 pm

hello, when are you due for ILR?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:04 pm

HarryJones wrote:hello, when are you due for ILR?
Did you read the opening post? "I am quite nervous as my ILR eligibility would be in Sept 2016"
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.