ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application online EEA family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leticiabtav
Newly Registered

Application online EEA family permit

Post by leticiabtav » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:12 pm

Hi everyone!

I am doing an application for eea family permit, my husband is italian and lives in UK. I am brazilian.

Anyway, we have a genuine relationship, and we already have all documents ready. Our problem now is the "EEA NATIONAL REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE NUMBER". I read someone saying that is possible to fill up it with the EEA passaport. Today my husband did the application to get it, but they said that he will have this number only in 6 months. What can I do??

rosebead
Member of Standing

Re: Application online EEA family permit

Post by rosebead » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:25 am

The UK's EEA regulations do not require the EU citizen to obtain a registration certificate and under the Directive there is no such requirement to have one to exercise a free movement right. If the Home Office tries to tell you differently, it is because they have a lot of badly trained staff. Leave blank that bit on the form.

leticiabtav
Newly Registered

Post by leticiabtav » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:41 pm

Thanks!!!!! But is mandatory in the application, so I should put something in that space. I saw someone saying that put the passport number of the EEA. Is it fine? I already wrote in the informations about it, explaining that he is providing this number.

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:18 pm

The online form is a pain because it won't let you move on to the next step sometimes unless you put something in. If it were the paper form, you could simply write "N/A under Directive 2004/38". I'd be inclined to just write the EEA passport number too if it won't let you write anything else. I would write in addition to what you wrote about providing his number that under the UK's EEA regulations an EU citizen is not actually required to obtain a registration certificate, and under the Directive 2004/38 there is no such requirement to have one to exercise a free movement right.

abraspak
Newly Registered

Post by abraspak » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:38 pm

Hi leticiabtav.

I´m having the same problem you had last year with the mandatory field for the "EEA NATIONAL REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE NUMBER".

What did you do in the end? Could you do it online without that number?

Thanks!

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:58 pm

abraspak wrote:Hi leticiabtav.

I´m having the same problem you had last year with the mandatory field for the "EEA NATIONAL REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE NUMBER".

What did you do in the end? Could you do it online without that number?

Thanks!
Put in N/A. As someone noted above, it's not necessary to have that.

bragatto
Newly Registered

Post by bragatto » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:48 pm

leticiabtav wrote:Hi everyone!

I am doing an application for eea family permit, my husband is italian and lives in UK. I am brazilian.

Anyway, we have a genuine relationship, and we already have all documents ready. Our problem now is the "EEA NATIONAL REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE NUMBER". I read someone saying that is possible to fill up it with the EEA passaport. Today my husband did the application to get it, but they said that he will have this number only in 6 months. What can I do??

Oi Leticia tudo bem?

Tentei te mandar uma PM mas a função está desabilitada.

Estou passando pelo mesmo problema que você.

Você conseguiu tirar o seu EEA Family Permit sem informar o "EEA NATIONAL REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE NUMBER"?

Você pode me informar onde tirou o seu family permit e quanto tempo demorou pra ele sair?

Agradeço desde já!

White Emerald

Post by White Emerald » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:12 pm

Hi all,

Looking for some advice. I received my RN renunciation document in December and we're in the middle of completing the EEA FP application. This question: EEA National Registration Certificate number? Has us a bit confused as it seems to be linked to new Home Office legislation as of 20th July 2015: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07_15.pdf
They're now asking for a fee of £65 when the EEA family permit is supposed to be free. As an Irish national already working in the UK with an NI number, do i need to fill out another application?