ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Test requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zeeshanch
Newly Registered

English Test requirement

Post by zeeshanch » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:44 pm

Hi
I want to know that is IELTS score 6 in Academics enough for applying visa as a dependent when the main applicant is applying for ILR or do i have to do Trinity College level A1 certificate.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: English Test requirement

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:48 pm

Level B1 is required for ILR and NOT level A1.

Level A1 is required for FLR(M) extension of a spouse visa.

I don't know what the scoring means, see FAQs English Language Requirement for ILR (click) for more information and other links.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zeeshanch
Newly Registered

Post by zeeshanch » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:17 pm

Hi
My question is regarding the extension of Spouse visa where requirement is A1. If there is no A1 but we have ILETS Academic 6 will it be acceptable instead of A1

Thanks

drinver
Newly Registered
China

Post by drinver » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:35 pm

The test needs to have been taken with an IELTS SELT consortium provider as specified in the immigration rules (appendix o). These do provide A1 tests so best to check yours is valid.

Fahad460
Newly Registered

Post by Fahad460 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:09 am

zeeshanch wrote:Hi
I want to know that is IELTS score 6 in Academics enough for applying visa as a dependent when the main applicant is applying for ILR or do i have to do Trinity College level A1 certificate.

Thanks
Hi Zeeshan,

There are different requirements for every institute. Most of the colleges/universities accept Band 6 while others would require at least 6.5 and scoring 6 Band in each level (Reading, Writing and Listening) is a must!

Long story short, If you are applying for spouse visa, IMHO 6 band would be enough.

arunawil
Newly Registered

Post by arunawil » Mon May 09, 2016 2:56 pm

Hi

I first entered to the UK in january 2007 and went back in May 2009. For this application I submitted IELTS pass certificate dated sept 2006.

Again in March 2011 I applied for Tier 2 visa and Visa was granted. In this instance I did not submitted any new IELTS certificate.

Now I have completed my 5 year period as a tier 2 migrant and planning to apply for ILR.

I am not sure whether my old IELTS certificate which I submitted for my application in 2007 still valid for ILR application? (as I did not give new IELTS for my last entry clearance - Tier 2). Please advice me on this.

Thank you

Arun