ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Photocopies Required?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tereliye01
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Naturalisation - Photocopies Required?

Post by tereliye01 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:25 am

Morning Fellow Members,

I am applying for naturalisation and British passport together using the pilot services at Brent Council this week. Do I need to submit photocopies of all my documents as well or just originals will suffice and they will do the photocopies? Also, can you please confirm the document list, I am going via the route of 5 years Tier 1, 1 year ILR.

1. Passports
2. LIUK test certificate after 28th October 2013
3. ILR Card
4. Marriage Certificate

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation - Photocopies Required?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:43 am

No. NCS will take photocopies of your documents.

You also need proof of meeting English language requirement.

If you are not applying as the spouse of a British citizen, your marriage certificate is not required. Don't forget the fee payment sheet.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tereliye01
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tereliye01 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:57 am

Thank you very much for the prompt response and reminding me the fee payment sheet. About the English requirement, form AN states that if you have passed the LIUK test after 28th October 2013, you don't need the English language proof separately. Anyways, I have the PBS print outs from my ILR showing 35 points for both me and my spouse (we are not applying on basis of British Citizenship) and my degree was from USA and my spouse's degree was from UK so we can take that along just in case.

Many Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:38 am

Likely you will be asked to submit proof of English, so take them with you. Are you an American citizen?

Does your spouse meet the 5 years residence requirement too?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tereliye01
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tereliye01 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:14 pm

Nope I am not an American Citizen. We will take both our English Language Proofs with us. Yes, my spouse also came with me on Tier 1 General 6 years ago, so she has the same timelines, 5 years T1 and 1 year ILR.