ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Residence card for Croatian spouse

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

moris

EEA Residence card for Croatian spouse

Post by moris » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:56 pm

Dear All,

I am asking this on behalf my Croatian friend, who's spouse has got a EEA FP (family permit) very recently.
Now they both would like to come to UK with their dependant child.

Now my questions to you :
> When they come to UK, will my friend's spouse be able to work with his EEA FP until he applies for his Residence Card?
> Will my Friend's spouse be able to apply for EEA Residence card soon after coming to UK? and how long will it take and what documents they would need ?

> Will my friend's spouse( non EEA) be able to work while he is waiting for his Residence card?

>I understand that my friends spouse can use CR4 application form to apply for his Residence card,but it is said that my friend( Croatian) should have either Yellow/blue certificate in order for him to apply through CR4 application form, at the same time it is also said that non EEA spouse can apply for a EEA residence card without them having( Croatian) any certificate., will you please confirm this if its right or wrong?

I would be very grateful to your honest and valuable answers and opinions.

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Re: EEA Residence card for Croatian spouse

Post by alex1128 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:02 am

moris wrote:Dear All,

I am asking this on behalf my Croatian friend, who's spouse has got a EEA FP (family permit) very recently.
Now they both would like to come to UK with their dependant child.

Now my questions to you :
> When they come to UK, will my friend's spouse be able to work with his EEA FP until he applies for his Residence Card?
> Will my Friend's spouse be able to apply for EEA Residence card soon after coming to UK? and how long will it take and what documents they would need ?

> Will my friend's spouse( non EEA) be able to work while he is waiting for his Residence card?

>I understand that my friends spouse can use CR4 application form to apply for his Residence card,but it is said that my friend( Croatian) should have either Yellow/blue certificate in order for him to apply through CR4 application form, at the same time it is also said that non EEA spouse can apply for a EEA residence card without them having( Croatian) any certificate., will you please confirm this if its right or wrong?

I would be very grateful to your honest and valuable answers and opinions.
1 - An EEA Family Permit makes it possible for family members who are not EEA nationals to travel or join them in the United Kingdom. According to this immigration category EEA Family Permit holders are able to enter the United Kingdom and live and work there on the basis of them being a dependent of a citizen of the European Economic Area (EEA).

2 - For each person on the application you’ll need to provide:

a current passport
2 passport size colour photographs
one passport size colour photograph of your European Economic Area (EEA) national (or British citizen) sponsor
your EEA family member’s valid passport or national identity card
evidence of your relationship to your EEA family member - eg marriage certificate, civil partnership certificate, birth certificate, or proof that you’ve lived together for 2 years if you’re unmarried
You also need to provide proof of one of the following, depending on your eligibility:

that your EEA family member has a permanent right of residence
that your EEA family member is a ‘qualified person’
that you qualify because of a ‘retained right of residence’
that you qualify as a ‘Surinder Singh’ case
You’ll need to provide a certified translation of any documents that aren’t in English or Welsh.

You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.

Read the guidance on the application form relevant to you, either:

application for a family member, form EEA (FM)
application for an extended family member, form EEA (EFM)

3- If the Eea national is exercing treaty rights in the uk, then the non-eea partner is allowed to work, After submitting your application The Home Office with send you a letter (Confirmation Of Application) stating your right to work and the maximum period of waiting which is 6 months.

4 - You can send both applications at the same time to avoid this issue , the registration certificate for the eea national and the Residence card for the non-eea partner .

More Infos here : https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-resid ... d/overview
Application sent: 25.06
Biometrics : 10/07 (dated 07/07)
COA: 29/07
Received Questionnaire: 09/11
RC : Refused ( 23/01/2016)
Appeal Filed : 25/01/2016

moris

Post by moris » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:54 pm

Thank you Alex1128 for you answers.
But I think you were replying to my post assuming that that EEA national,
actually i was asking you about Croatian national who wants to come to UK.

Would you please reply me how this work out for a Croatian national instead of normal EEA person.
Many Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:00 pm

Read through this overview on the requirements for a Croatian national and accompanying family members who want to reside and work in the UK

https://www.gov.uk/croatian-national/overview
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.