ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting Jersey & Guernsey for tourism while on Tier 1

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yogesh_81
India

Visiting Jersey & Guernsey for tourism while on Tier 1

Post by yogesh_81 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:04 pm

Hi guys,

The Immigration Rules mention about time spent with a valid leave in Jersey & Guernsey for employment purposes may be included in the continuous period of 5 years lawful residence in the UK.

I have a query in regards to a visit as a tourist that I had made to Jersey and Guernsey on my Tier 1 (General) visa.

Since this trip was not for employment, should I mention about this trip in the list of absences outside of UK for my ILR application that I am about to make this month?

I am under the impression that the Channel Islands (i.e. Jersey & Guernsey) are a part of the UK and as a result should not be listed under absences. Please correct if wrong.

Neither do I have any stamps on my passport for these 2 visits I made before my previous Tier 1 visa extension nor have I mentioned anything about it in my Tier 1 (General) visa extension application.

Regards,
Y

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Visiting Jersey & Guernsey for tourism while on Tier 1

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:11 pm

yogesh_81 wrote:Hi guys,

The Immigration Rules mention about time spent with a valid leave in Jersey & Guernsey for employment purposes may be included in the continuous period of 5 years lawful residence in the UK.

I have a query in regards to a visit as a tourist that I had made to Jersey and Guernsey on my Tier 1 (General) visa.

Since this trip was not for employment, should I mention about this trip in the list of absences outside of UK for my ILR application that I am about to make this month?

I am under the impression that the Channel Islands (i.e. Jersey & Guernsey) are a part of the UK and as a result should not be listed under absences. Please correct if wrong.

Neither do I have any stamps on my passport for these 2 visits I made before my previous Tier 1 visa extension nor have I mentioned anything about it in my Tier 1 (General) visa extension application.

Regards,
Y
The Channel Islands are NOT part of the UK.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

yogesh_81
India

Post by yogesh_81 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:04 pm

Wanderer wrote:The Channel Islands are NOT part of the UK.
Agree, but that doesn't answer my question of whether time spent in Jersey/Guernsey as a tourist should be listed as absences from UK (even though the passport doesn't carry stamps to support it)?

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:23 pm

yes absences from UK cover the channel islands.

jersey, Guernsey and even Isle of Man.

So ans is Yes, If you visited these places on tourism or even work, they are absences.