ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PM's note on new rules for spousal visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

PM's note on new rules for spousal visa

Post by globalindian » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:44 pm

Just read the news regarding PM saying new rules well be in place for Oct 2016 regarding the spousal visa English test.

Does Anybody got any further details?

E.g. will this impact people who are already having spousal visa or during FLR M extension process?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PM's note on new rules for spousal visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:48 pm

Well clearly if it has only been in the news today, we would not be aware of anything. Until HO publishes updated guidelines, the current requirements will remain as they are where A1 English is still required for an extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:55 pm

Thanks CR001 for the quick response.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:04 pm

This is what you appear to be referring to:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35342270
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:09 pm

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:28 pm

I could be wrong, but it seems that the PM is reviving a fairly old idea and making it government policy.

I believe that the idea is that a spousal entry clearance will require A1 certification, as it currently does, but that any subsequent FLR will require a B1 certificate. That is the old idea. I am not sure if the PM is planning to increase it to C1 for ILR. FYI, C1 was the English requirement for the now redundant HSMP/Tier 1 G.

From his statement, the PM seems to have already stated in no uncertain terms that the English certification will trump the rights of parents under human rights legislation. It would be interesting to see how that plays out.

And can the PM make it apply to the non-EEA spouses of EEA citizens? Has the PM won some concessions in Brussels and is that why the plans are from October onwards?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.