ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adivk
Newly Registered

Dependent visa extension

Post by adivk » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:49 pm

Hi all, In desperate to get help to clear the confusion.

I'm holding a Tier2 Partner visa valid from 31 December, 2013 to 12 February, 2016.
I arrived in UK on 13 January, 2014.

This visa was issued when my wife was on Tier2 General visa and in October last year, she was granted with ILR.

Now my question is, to extend my visa as spouse, which form should I use. I've gone through your forum and am completely confused about FLR(M) / points based dependent form. Some say FLR(M) and some sau PBS dependent. Please I really appreciate if anybody clarify me in this regard. Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent visa extension

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:52 pm

Did your spouse get ILR based on Tier 2 G with 5 years residence or on the basis of 10 years long residence?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adivk
Newly Registered

Post by adivk » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:56 pm

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, my wife got ILR based on Tier 2 G with 5 years residence.

Rehards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:20 pm

You can apply to extend your PBS Dependent visa until you meet the requirements for ILR. It is an online application, see this link (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SHILPA123

Post by SHILPA123 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:23 pm

Thanks guys for the clarity on the form. I had a similar questions as well.

When we try and fill the application online the fee just for the dependent comes to £1900. That does not seem right. Can some one please clarify the fee and the NHS surcharge.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:42 pm

SHILPA123 wrote:Thanks guys for the clarity on the form. I had a similar questions as well.

When we try and fill the application online the fee just for the dependent comes to £1900. That does not seem right. Can some one please clarify the fee and the NHS surcharge.

Thanks
How long is the extension you are applying for? Are you selecting by post or in person?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SHILPA123

Post by SHILPA123 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:50 pm

It will be for 3years and by post

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Fee list here (click)

Does the £1900 include the immigration health surcharge of £600?

How many dependents is the application for?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SHILPA123

Post by SHILPA123 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:18 pm

The application is for my spouse. I was previously on a tier 2 when he was first granted his dependent visa. Now I am on an ILR. Yes it included health surcharge when we filled the application online for him. Is that correct

adivk
Newly Registered

Post by adivk » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:19 pm

Hi CR001

In the application, it is asking as below,
Length of CoS grant
What is the length of xxxxxxxxxx(my Spouse's name) CoS? (Required)
This information can be found on their Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS). 3years or less and more than 3 years.

Currently she's under contract with her employer till next month 12th. But as she was already granted ILR, which option should i go for and which BRP number i should mention? Please clarify

Thanks & Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:31 pm

This was recently asked and covered in the Tier 2 forum. I will see when I get home from work if I can find the thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

adivk
Newly Registered

Post by adivk » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:04 pm

Hi CR001

One more question, it says in Maintenance section that I must show £630 Pounds for the last 90 days which I dont have in my bank account even though I'm working. Is it referring to my (Dependent) bank account or my Spouse's bank account?

Is it ok if we both show our bank statements that we both have incomes. Please clarify.

Thanks & Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:45 pm

I am not sure about the maintenance and bank account.

Here is the link I was referring to earlier

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 98651.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tillu5682
Newly Registered

Post by tillu5682 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:28 am

Hi,
could you please be able to help me by guiding me in the right direction.
I have filled the online application form for my wife who is extending her PBS tier 2 dependent visa which is due to expire in February 2016.
she has already been in uk for 2years 6 months on her current visa and further extending for 3 or less years before she is eligible to apply for ILR.
I believe the health surcharge fee shall be only £600. but due to some reason it is asking to pay £1800. could you please help me if this the right fee? does this£1800 include application fee, health surcharge and PEO premium fee as well?
I look forward to hear back from you soon.

thanks and regards,
PK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:39 am

Check that you have not included yourself in the application. She is 'applying alone' and for your details where it asks 'details of person in UK' tick no.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tillu5682
Newly Registered

Post by tillu5682 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:16 am

Hi CR001,
thank you for your quick reply. as per your suggestions I have refilled the online application form and provided my details as less as I could.
but when it comes to tab to provide the IHS ref number it is taking me to a different website and asking to fill the few details (which I did) and finally it is asking me to pay £1800. definitely this does not seem to be correct.
any help or advice on this please?

Thanks & Regards,
PK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:45 am

tillu5682 wrote:Hi CR001,
thank you for your quick reply. as per your suggestions I have refilled the online application form and provided my details as less as I could.
but when it comes to tab to provide the IHS ref number it is taking me to a different website and asking to fill the few details (which I did) and finally it is asking me to pay £1800. definitely this does not seem to be correct.
any help or advice on this please?

Thanks & Regards,
PK
Only include details about your wife. Leave all details about you out. She is applying alone.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tillu5682
Newly Registered

Post by tillu5682 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:26 pm

Hi,
I thnik there is no possibility of leaving my details out and just entering my wife's details. Because it is letting go into the next section without filling my details.
for examples
Online application starts with these questions
Personal information
Are you currently in the UK?
Yes
Change
Legal representative

Do you have a legal representative for this application?
No
Change
Personal information

Email address
xxxx@yahoo.com
Change
Person you are joining

Title
Mr
Given names
xxxx (my name)
Family name
xxxxx
Change
What is Mr xxxx nationality?
India
What is Mr xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx date of birth?
Xx xx xxxx
Change
Which service has Mr xxxxxx applied for?
Tier 2 (General) leave to remain
Do you have one of these Home Office reference numbers for Mr name surname?
No, I don't have a Home Office reference number for them
Change
Does Mr xxx have indefinite leave to remain or British citizenship?
Yes
Change
Is Mr XXX work in a shortage occupation?
Yes
Change
Length of CoS grant

What is the length of Mr name surname? (Required)
This information can be found on their Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)
3 years or less
more than 3 years

etc.
etc.
etc.
I think there could be something wrong from end or with in the website.
still struggling to get to a state where I can fill and pay the fee.

Regards,
PK
Last edited by noajthan on Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal details

adivk
Newly Registered

Post by adivk » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:58 am

Hi There

I ran into confusion again while filling up IHS form. In 'The person you're joining or remaining with' page,
It is asking,
1. Do you have their IHS reference number? Yes / No (I've selected 'No')

2. Enter their visa expiry date (Which expiry date? ILR expiry date (granted in October 2015, valid until 2024) or Tier 2 General Leave to remain visa expiry date - which is expiring on 12/02/2016)

Please help

tillu5682
Newly Registered

Post by tillu5682 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:45 pm

Hi Advik,
strangely, for me it didn't asked the first question (about the IHS ref number).
for the 2nd question, in mycase when I gave the expiry date of ILR as 2024 it showed £1800 to pay towards IHS.
when I re-entered the details by giving only the expiry date of Tier2 which is 25 feb 2016 it showed me £100 to pay towards IHS.
none of them are true.
the actual IHS should show £600 for me for 3 years.
I am still struggling on how to put the details right here.

Regards,
PK

adivk
Newly Registered

Post by adivk » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:18 pm

Hi PK

Regarding the IHS - Visa expiry date of main applicant, I spoke to IHS - GOV.UK and the guy said the expiry date should be 3 years from the expiry of T2 General visa (Main Applicant's) which will be until Feb 2019.

I entered the same expiry date and the total amount I paid is £700 and I got the IHS ref. number.

which then took me to the main application page for the visa fee payment (£428 - Standard fee-8 weeks, £728 - 10 days and £828 - Premium Service).

Now I'm in a dilemma of which service to chose. My visa expires on 12 Feb 2016. If I go for premium service, I dont know when I'll get the appointment. If I post application, have to wait for 8 weeks.

Looking for any suggestions. Please suggest.

Kind Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:42 pm

adivk wrote:Hi PK

Regarding the IHS - Visa expiry date of main applicant, I spoke to IHS - GOV.UK and the guy said the expiry date should be 3 years from the expiry of T2 General visa (Main Applicant's) which will be until Feb 2019.

I entered the same expiry date and the total amount I paid is £700 and I got the IHS ref. number.
If the relevant PBS migrant has ILR under PBS, then the period of leave that they will extend to the PBS dependant (who is not applying for ILR) is 3 years from the date of decision (grant), under 319D(a).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

adivk
Newly Registered

Post by adivk » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:58 am

Hi Vinny

One last question, while filling up the online form for PBS dependent visa extension, it is asking about Criminal or unspent convictions which I answer Yes for a driving offence (Careless Driving - As described by Police). I was served with a Notice of Intended Prosecution and asked by Police to attend the Driver Awareness course which I completed.

My question is, do I require to mention this in the form? Will it affect my visa extension? Please confirm.

Kind Regards

tillu5682
Newly Registered

Post by tillu5682 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:31 am

Hello Experts,
Could you please help me with a query I have.
The current dependent visa expires on 25th of February.
If I fill the application now and send it in post, it will take atleast 8 weeks to get a reply back (which will be in end of March).
If by any reason if the application gets refused within how many days am I allowed to reapply a new application? Can I go in person? Would there be any issues while reapplying?

Thank you.

Regards,
PK