ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK naturalisation in parallel with Austria work permit

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Leaver

UK naturalisation in parallel with Austria work permit

Post by Leaver » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:19 pm

Hello

thanks to this forum I had obtained my ILR last year. I am now eligible to apply for British citizenship, after being for 12 months on ILR (5 year Tier 2 route to get the ILR).

However, my company wants to relocate me to Austria. I still want to get the UK citizenship obviously.

They will keep me on UK payroll for another 4 months after I submit my UK naturalisation application, however, they want me to apply for the Austiran UK permit in parallel, since it takes 3-4 months to obtain the work permit in Austria.

Can the Home Office find out that I have a parallel process in place to move to Austria? is there such an EU wide mechanism? I am aware of the declaration I need to issue that I plan to have UK as my main residence. I am a homeowner and still plan to return to the UK as soon as possible, hence I will make the claim that I do intend to keep it as a main residence.

Can this Austria work permit application endanger my UK application in any other manner?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK naturalisation in parallel with Austria work permit

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:49 pm

So much easier to do a move to Austria once you are British.

Also, please note that once you have been approved and attended your citizenship ceremony, you have to return your ILR BRP card to HO within 5 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILRapplication80

Post by ILRapplication80 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:51 pm

Don't think that should be the case. Your current employer is looking to relocate you and surely this is not the first case where this has happened.

As long as you are going there as an expat with an intention to return to UK - there seems no reason to me how and why HO refuse such application

Leaver

Post by Leaver » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:01 am

CR001 wrote:So much easier to do a move to Austria once you are British.

Also, please note that once you have been approved and attended your citizenship ceremony, you have to return your ILR BRP card to HO within 5 days.
thanks for your reply. I know its easier to move only after I become a citizen of the UK, sadly my employer cannot wait and needs me there sooner...

Can you please clarify what point you made with the below comment, not sure I undersood? many thanks

"Also, please note that once you have been approved and attended your citizenship ceremony, you have to return your ILR BRP card to HO within 5 days.[/"

Leaver

Post by Leaver » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:03 am

ILRapplication80 wrote:Don't think that should be the case. Your current employer is looking to relocate you and surely this is not the first case where this has happened.

As long as you are going there as an expat with an intention to return to UK - there seems no reason to me how and why HO refuse such application
thanks for your time. My concern is how will they know my intention is to return to the UK? For all intents and purposes HO could think I will get my UK passport and then live permanently in Austria.

I am trying to see if there is a mechanism for them to have access to some joint EU database where they can see my application in to work In Austria..

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:54 pm

Leaver wrote:

thanks for your reply. I know its easier to move only after I become a citizen of the UK, sadly my employer cannot wait and needs me there sooner...

Can you please clarify what point you made with the below comment, not sure I undersood? many thanks

"Also, please note that once you have been approved and attended your citizenship ceremony, you have to return your ILR BRP card to HO within 5 days.[/"
You would not be able to travel on your ILR BRP card once you have attended your citizenship ceremony. You have to return it to HO. You would then have to wait for a passport to be processed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Leaver

Post by Leaver » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Leaver wrote:

You would not be able to travel on your ILR BRP card once you have attended your citizenship ceremony. You have to return it to HO. You would then have to wait for a passport to be processed.
thanks, that is clear to me. I don't plan to travel for the 4 weeks it takes to obtain the passport.

Anyone else has a view or experience re the parallel Austrian work permit process?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:08 pm

Leaver wrote:Hello

thanks to this forum I had obtained my ILR last year. I am now eligible to apply for British citizenship, after being for 12 months on ILR (5 year Tier 2 route to get the ILR).

However, my company wants to relocate me to Austria. I still want to get the UK citizenship obviously.

They will keep me on UK payroll for another 4 months after I submit my UK naturalisation application, however, they want me to apply for the Austiran UK permit in parallel, since it takes 3-4 months to obtain the work permit in Austria.

Can the Home Office find out that I have a parallel process in place to move to Austria? is there such an EU wide mechanism? I am aware of the declaration I need to issue that I plan to have UK as my main residence. I am a homeowner and still plan to return to the UK as soon as possible, hence I will make the claim that I do intend to keep it as a main residence.

Can this Austria work permit application endanger my UK application in any other manner?

Many thanks
In addition to what Char has already mentioned I just wanted to suggest that you consider applying for your naturalisation through the JCAP pilot scheme (only available at certain councils at the moment), where applications seem to be processed relatively quickly (currently averaging between 3 weeks to 2 months), if you have a straightforward immigration history and meet the key AN requirements. I've highlighted this, as you mention that your Austrian Work Permit may take between 3-4 months to process above. Just an option to consider, if naturalising before your work move to Austria would make the overall process easier for you. For details around the pilot scheme you can take a look through the following topic. http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 99520.html

Leaver

Post by Leaver » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:09 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
Leaver wrote:Hello

Many thanks
In addition to what Char has already mentioned I just wanted to suggest that you consider applying for your naturalisation through the JCAP pilot scheme (only available at certain councils at the moment), where applications seem to be processed relatively quickly (currently averaging between 3 weeks to 2 months), if you have a straightforward immigration history and meet the key AN requirements. I've highlighted this, as you mention that your Austrian Work Permit may take between 3-4 months to process above. Just an option to consider, if naturalising before your work move to Austria would make the overall process easier for you. For details around the pilot scheme you can take a look through the following topic. http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 99520.html
I didn't know about this, thanks! I will def try this route. Though seems processing times are getting closer to the usual service..still worth a try