ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does the new £35,000 threshold affect FLR(M) applicants?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

crispy
United Kingdom

Does the new £35,000 threshold affect FLR(M) applicants?

Post by crispy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been reading about the new £35,000 threshold and getting nervous about it. For example, the news covered in this story in the Independent:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 19346.html

My wife is living and working in the UK on a TIER 5 Youth Mobility visa from Canada. We're almost ready to make our FLR(M) application to extend her stay as my spouse.

I am under the impression that the new 35k threshold affects TIER 2 workers and not those coming in through the FLR(M) 5-year route. Is that correct?

Thanks for any information given.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Does the new £35,000 threshold affect FLR(M) applicants?

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:35 pm

crispy wrote:Hi everyone,

I've been reading about the new £35,000 threshold and getting nervous about it. For example, the news covered in this story in the Independent:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 19346.html

My wife is living and working in the UK on a TIER 5 Youth Mobility visa from Canada. We're almost ready to make our FLR(M) application to extend her stay as my spouse.

I am under the impression that the new 35k threshold affects TIER 2 workers and not those coming in through the FLR(M) 5-year route. Is that correct?

Thanks for any information given.
http://www.workpermit.com/news/2015-07- ... april-2016

"The changes will be introduced for indefinite leave to remain applications under the Tier 2 (General) visa category, and the Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) and Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa categories."
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bankole77
Newly Registered

Post by bankole77 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:40 pm

This measure will not apply to
People who have/had a Tier 2 (General) visa to do a job on the shortage occupation list, or to do specified PhD level jobs in science or research.
People who have a Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) or (Intra-Company Transfer) visa.

crispy
United Kingdom

Post by crispy » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:44 am

Thank you both. Putting my mind at ease. :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:54 am

bankole77 wrote:This measure will not apply to
People who have/had a Tier 2 (General) visa to do a job on the shortage occupation list, or to do specified PhD level jobs in science or research.
People who have a Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) or (Intra-Company Transfer) visa.
The £35,000 earning requirement will not apply to anyone in an occupation on the shortage occupation list and to scientists and researchers in PhD level occupations. It will apply to people who have a Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) or (Intra-Company Transfer) visa
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bankole77
Newly Registered

Post by bankole77 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:22 pm

Casa wrote:
bankole77 wrote:This measure will not apply to
The £35,000 earning requirement will not apply to anyone in an occupation on the shortage occupation list and to scientists and researchers in PhD level occupations. It will apply to people who have a Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) or (Intra-Company Transfer) visa
Hi Casa,
Am not sure what you really meant...but from all I have gathered so far the £35,000 threshold does NOT apply to people who have Tier 2 (minister of religion) or (intra-company Transfer) Visa.

see the following links

http://blog.migreat.com/2015/07/09/uk-w ... pril-2016/

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:31 pm

My link was from the information posted by the Board owners on their website. However, the following is from the official uk.gov. site Statement of Intent:

There will be exceptions to this for occupations on the Shortage Occupation List, those in designated “PhD-level” jobs and Ministers of Religion. As
now, those in the former two categories will have to be paid the appropriate rate for the occupation

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... as-soi.pdf

Always conflicting information when the Home Office introduce new regulations... :?
(Casa, not CR001)