ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

baby born in India after father got british passport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

akvk47

child born in india for parents on ILR

Post by akvk47 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:04 pm

Hi All,

Me and my wife got ILR in Dec 2013 and we were blessed with baby girl in Oct 14, in India my wife left to India in Aug 2014 and she is there taking care of baby. on 25 March 2015 i got my British neutralization and i am planning to apply for my British passport in few days. My quires are as below:

1. will i be able to apply for British passport for my daughter?
2. or do i need to apply for Indian passport first and then UK visa
2. what documents will i need to submit in this process
3. i am planning to get back my wife in July 2015 when will i be able to apply for her Neutralization? do i need to wait for her gap period to be covered

dear members your answers will be really appriciated

vinny

Re: child born in india for parents on ILR

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:25 pm

1. No.
2. Yes.
3. Documents.
4. Wait.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

akvk47

Post by akvk47 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:19 pm

Dear Members,

My child was born in India in Oct 2014 at that time i was on ILR, i recently acquired British passport 1 month ago and surrendered my Indian passport and applying for OCI next week i have few quires regarding visa for my daughter and neutralization for my wife

1. We received the child's Indian passport recently need to apply for her visa how many days generally will it take for visa approval once i apply? (i know we can't predict time line with UKBA) but approximately
2. Do i need to send my British Passport original and OCI (once i get it) while applying for child's visa?
3. If not required what is the other alternative option

dear members thanks in advance

akvk55

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:32 pm

1. It varies depending on where you apply in India.
2. Copies of your whole British passport (certified I think) will be sufficient. OCI is not relevant to UK visa applications.
3. Certified copy of your naturalisation certificate can also be sent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:04 am

Your wife is subject to the returning residents provisions. She should return the the UK within two years.

She may apply for naturalisation when the 3 years requirements are met.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

akvk47

Post by akvk47 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:05 pm

Dear Gurus,

i recently got my british passport aug 2015, my daughter was born in india in Oct 2014 and me and my wife were on ILR at that time of birth i am planning to apply for child visa. My question are:

1. can i apply for child visa as Tier-1 dependent?
2. or under what should i apply for my child.
3. My wife will be in india until mar 2016 (she went in Aug 2014), can she come for 1 month or so to go back just to break the continuous gap of 2 yrs. if she can go back how long can she stay there?
4. do i need to get my British passport notarized for purpose of applying child visa? or would just color xerox copy should be fine.

please you help is required

akvk47

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:22 pm

1. No, because neither you or your wife are Tier 1 G visa holders. Child should apply for a child settlement visa.

2. VAF4A

3. Short visits to the UK do not maintain ILR status. If she is not resident for 2 or more years, she risks losing her ILR and might have to start again from scratch.

4. Colour copies should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

akvk47

Post by akvk47 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:18 pm

CR001 wrote:1. No, because neither you or your wife are Tier 1 G visa holders. Child should apply for a child settlement visa.

2. VAF4A

3. Short visits to the UK do not maintain ILR status. If she is not resident for 2 or more years, she risks losing her ILR and might have to start again from scratch.

4. Colour copies should be fine.
Hi There,

Thanks for your reply, i will be applying for my daughters settlement visa she was born in india after me and my wife got our ILR, currently i am self employed with my limited company recently started 4 months ago my doubt is what would be the documents i need to apply with my application and what Appendix should i submit i.e 1 or 2.

your help would be really appreciable.
akvk47

akvk47

baby born in India after father got british passport

Post by akvk47 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:46 am

Hi Gurus,

I am in the similar situtaion and need your advice regarding Neutralization for my kid, please see below the backgoround story:

My daughter was born in Oct2014 in india (while i and my wife were on ILR) i am planning to get het to UK next year around Feb or March 2018, please i want to know
1. What is the procedure at moment few of my friends say we can apply in india but need to submitt the documents here in the UK is that true.
2. What is the application form i need and what would be the visa type for my daughter.
3. what documents do i need as i am working for my limited company.
4. Once i get my daughter to UK, when can i apply/register her as british child as i am British citizen since 2015, was on indain passport before
5. Is there any certain number of days that she has to be here in the UK if yes how many days

Please youe response will be really appriciated
Thanks
akvk47

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: baby born in India after father got british passport

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:01 am

You were already given advice on what visa to apply for in 2015. The advice won't have changed.

Child settlement visa on VAF4A.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

akvk47

Post by akvk47 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi CR001,

many thanks for your reply please i need advise on quires below as i cant find answers any where.
1. What is the procedure at moment few of my friends say we can apply in india but need to submitt the documents here in the UK is that true.
4. Once i get my daughter to UK, when can i apply/register her as british child as i am British citizen since 2015, was on indain passport before
5. Is there any certain number of days that she has to be here in the UK if yes how many days.

thanks

akvk47

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:20 pm

1. Suggest stop listening to your 'friends' and follow the instructions you will get during the online process.

2 & 3. Don't know. How old is the child?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

akvk47

Post by akvk47 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi CR001,

thanks, she will be 3 years this Oct2017.

akvk47

akvk47

Post by akvk47 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:56 am

Hi CR001,

thanks, she will be 3 years this Oct2017.

akvk47

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:01 am

She should be granted ILE from outside the UK.

Small children don't have a residence requirement for citizenship but both parents should be British as far as I understand.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

akvk47

Post by akvk47 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:22 am

Hi CR001,

Many thanks for your promt reply,

1. i am on British passport (got in 2015) and my wife on ILR so can i register the child as british once she arrives in the country ?
2. Please advice where can i get information to register my child as british.

thanks
akvk47

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:27 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)

akvk47

Post by akvk47 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:28 am

Hi CR001,

Thanks for your reply, the link provided by you had information for child registration born in the UK but not for child born outside UK and what documents are required for child registration as british child please can you advise on this.

Thanks
akvk47

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:33 am

Do click on the links in the topic and read it properly. It covers both born abroad and born in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

akvk47

Post by akvk47 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:20 pm

Hi CR001,

Thanks sorry i overlooked the section, sorry for asking so many questions, regarding the NHS surcharge do i need to pay for my kid as i will be applying for her child settlement visa, not exactly sure how this works.

thanks
akvk47

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:23 pm

Yes. If not required, you will get it refunded.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

akvk47

Post by akvk47 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:40 pm

Hi CR001,

I and my wife we both got our ILR in Dec2013, i got my british passport in 2015. My wife went to india for her delivery in Aug 2014 and came back to UK in Mar2016 and is in the UK till date. My quires are:

1. can i apply for her netutralization now?

2. If yes what are the forms i need to complete

3. and how long will it take for this process to complete

please your reply will be really appriciated

akvk47

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:55 am

1. She doesn't appear to meet the absence requirement for citizenship, which is no more than 270 days absence in the 3 years immediately before date of application. She also needs to have been physically present at the start of the 3 year period which corresponds with the date she applies. As she was not present at this time of the year in 2014, she fails to meet this mandatory requirement.

2. When/if she qualifies, it is the same form and process you used for your citizenship. No special deal or forms for spouses.

3. Currently taking between 3 and 7 months.

Also, please ask citizenship questions in the British Citizenship sub forum further down the page.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

akvk47

Post by akvk47 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:21 am

Hi CR001,

I am applying for my child’s settlement UK visa from India, I have few doubts:
1. The VAF4A form do we need to take the completed form as I can’t see this from anywhere to download and fill up manually. And also I have seen VAF4A for was only north kore Only.
2. Is the form in the visa4uk and VAF4A form are these same.
3. The appendix 1 and 2 along with VAF4A form, details in the appendix 1 are requsted in appendix 2 as well so do we need to submit both appendix 1 and 2 along with VAF4A.
4. I have come across a new process for submitting the documents on the immigration board site that we can submit the supporting documents here, is this process only application made in UK or outside UK as well?

Your reply would really appreciated
Akvk47

akvk47

Post by akvk47 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:06 pm

Dear Gurus,

Need your advise urgently, i brought my daughter in to the UK for first time on 06June2018, her 1 month visa was until 10Jun2018 we had to arrive late as we were waiting for my mother-in-laws visa.

when we went to collec the kids BRP card at the post office they said i need to register as reponsible person to collect my kids BRP i did register on 06jun2018, but no reply until now.

my question is the 10 days arrival time of my daughter will be finised tommorw 15Jun2018, will it be a problem if we cant collect the BRP with in 10 days, please advise

thanks

akvk47