ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - sponsor interview

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

emmyemmy

Spouse visa - sponsor interview

Post by emmyemmy » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:10 pm

Hi everyone,
Is it common or normal for the sponsor of a settlement spouse visa application to be invited for an interview? if yes do they tell them the outcome.
Has anyone experienced this?
please help.

faceman123

Re: Spouse visa - sponsor interview

Post by faceman123 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:07 pm

Nope doubt they'll invite sponsor, if they have any doubt they'll reject interviews arent common practice

emmyemmy

Post by emmyemmy » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:32 pm

faceman123 wrote:Nope doubt they'll invite sponsor, if they have any doubt they'll reject interviews arent common practice

Thanks for your reply. But i was invited,hence my question.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:02 am

Since more and more countries are now sending non-priority applications to the UK for processing there is an increase in man power so to speak, so interviews have become more common.

Kezpots
Newly Registered

Post by Kezpots » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:16 pm

emmyemmy wrote:
faceman123 wrote:Nope doubt they'll invite sponsor, if they have any doubt they'll reject interviews arent common practice

Thanks for your reply. But i was invited,hence my question.
Hi, I have also been asked to attend an interview as a sponsor of my fiancé, is this normal? Should I be worried also any advice on what they will ask etc

Ghassenjen
Newly Registered

Post by Ghassenjen » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:54 pm

Hi all I have also been invited to attend an interview on the 18th so any information would be great so I know what to expect many thanks
Jen

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:24 pm

The interview is likely to be held to determine whether your relationship is genuine, with personal questions you would be expected to know about your fiance...birthday, details of family members, how and when you met etc.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ghassenjen
Newly Registered

Post by Ghassenjen » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:17 pm

Thank you for your response casa, just a little nervous been waiting so long to have my husband here.

Ghassenjen
Newly Registered

Post by Ghassenjen » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:27 am

Hi thought I would give a quick update, had my sponcer/spouse interview yesterday in London. It was actually a video call to I assume the Sheffield office where they deal with the application. It was all basic questions re the application. I really had nothing to worry about. Fingers crossed we get our decision soon.

Jen