ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What option if doesn't want to register child (MN1)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jedinsami
Newly Registered

What option if doesn't want to register child (MN1)

Post by jedinsami » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:46 pm

Hi,

My child was born before i got my ILR.
I can now register her to be British using MN1 form under section 1(3), but can she apply for ILR instead? As Malaysian only allows one citizenship.
Please advice.

vinny

Re: What option if doesn't want to register child (MN1)

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:54 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jedinsami
Newly Registered

Re: What option if doesn't want to register child (MN1)

Post by jedinsami » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:41 pm

Thanks for the reply.
This just reminded me that my girl did have a dependent visa, for her when we travel for holidays.
So is she still can register to be British or the link that you posted here still applies?
By the look of the link it seems to be it is quite a hassle to get the ILR for her and it will be easier to register her to be British instead.
Many thanks.