ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bharool
Newly Registered

Moving to Ireland

Post by bharool » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:21 pm

Hi

I am a British citizen by birth and my (unmarried) partner is a non EEA national but she has a UK residence card as a family member of an EEA National that expires in July 2016. She also doesn't need a Visa to enter Ireland.

I am moving next month to be near my father, who has become rather frail, and to start a business and I was all prepared to land in Ireland early next month and complete the forms EU1 and follow due process as I have read on here. I have all the documents and tenancy agreements, bills, holidays, etc etc already in a file but it literally just occurred to me that, as she already has a residence card from another EU state, that maybe I am not doing it the right way.

I suppose the long and the short of all my waffle is two questions:-

1) Do I still follow the EU1 application route?
or
2) As she already has a residence card (albeit it expires in July 2016) is there something else I should be doing?

Many thanks

noajthan

Re: Moving to Ireland

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:28 pm

bharool wrote:Hi

I am a British citizen by birth and my (unmarried) partner is a non EEA national but she has a UK residence card as a family member of an EEA National that expires in July 2016.

I suppose the long and the short of all my waffle is two questions:-

1) Do I still follow the EU1 application route?
or
2) As she already has a residence card (albeit it expires in July 2016) is there something else I should be doing?

Many thanks
You are on right track...

1) My understanding: Yes. EU1 is for residence rights in Eire.

2) No, carry on.
(UK-issued RC is for residence in UK).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

bharool
Newly Registered

Re: Moving to Ireland

Post by bharool » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:36 pm

Ok that's great. I'd have hated to have wasted all that time and effort to be told I didn't need to do all that.

Thanks for the swift response.