ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorship Undertaking and NHS treatments

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunnys
Newly Registered

Sponsorship Undertaking and NHS treatments

Post by sunnys » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:32 am

Hi My dad arrived here 4 years back on ADR under the old rules. I had signed a sponsorship undertaking at the time of application. Now he has been taking general NHS treatments here, but now he has to do undergo a surgery. My question is under the terms in the sponsorship undertaking, is he entitled to do this surgery? As such under the undertaking only public funds such as benefits are not allowed for the first five years. I just want to be 100% sure before going for this operation. Thanks

WBP
Newly Registered

Re: Sponsorship Undertaking and NHS treatments

Post by WBP » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:01 pm

The undertaking you have signed is only for public funds as mentioned in the undertaking form you have signed. Does that paper have any mention of NHS or treatment costs? It wont stand a minute in court even if HO/NHS goes to court to recover costs from you.

You are bound to provide care, maintenance and accommodation without accessing the public funds ie. Housing benefit, pension, personal independence payment etc etc.

Does the paper you signed say "care" such as "NHS treatment"? No.

WBP
Newly Registered

Post by WBP » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:15 pm

The purpose of the undertaking is that you don't abandon your dependent in which case the state will be directly responsible to provide shelter.

"Non EU ILR holders should not be allowed to access benefits for first five years". The govt is trying this for EU citizen too... :)

sunnys
Newly Registered

Post by sunnys » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:27 pm

Thanks for your response but I am confused as there are some posts saying the NHS isn't free for first five years under ADR ILE.

WBP
Newly Registered

Post by WBP » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:40 pm

not your fault mate, may be ask for confirmation/documentation from those suggesting NHS is not free on ILE.