ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS payment confusion- please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Emmie80
Newly Registered

IHS payment confusion- please help

Post by Emmie80 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:26 pm

Hello,

I ran into a problem today while attempting to pay for the IHS surcharge.

While I was filling out my personal details application, I clearly specified that I have one dependant. I competed all related details.

While attempting to make the IHS payment, there was a statement that said "YOU HAVE NO DEPENDANTS". I could not change this, only confirm that this statement in correct.

Why and how did this happen? What do I do now? Is this a glitch?

Thanks so much. I am byond stressed out

Emmie80
Newly Registered

Re-submitting a visa application

Post by Emmie80 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:14 pm

Hello all,

I realised that I may have a mistake on my Personal Details Application (wife settlement), after I submitted it and after I booked the biometric appointment. I cannot go back and see if I had made a mistake or not, so I would just like to start a new application.I did not pay for it yet and I still haven't paid for the IHS charge. If I start the new application and submit it, will I have any trouble? Besides cancelling the old biometric appointment for the erroneous application, do I need to do anything else? W

Thanks so much!
I am beyond worried:(

shakoorh

Re: Re-submitting a visa application

Post by shakoorh » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:56 pm

Print it out, make the changes, write a letter with why you made the changes. My brother did this on his application and it was successful. Although he edited the PDF file with acrobat pro, but still provided the letter detailing the changes and why he changed the details.
Timeline:

App Mirpur (Biometrics): 29-05-15
App received Islamabad: 2-6-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (Application Processed): 18-08-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (IHS Refund/Refusal): 19-08-15
RFC: 19-08-15

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:05 pm

Correct. You can make amendments to the application on the printed form.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Emmie80
Newly Registered

Post by Emmie80 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:47 pm

Thanks everyone. However, I don't think I can do that.

I am about 99.9% sure that I have specified my daughter as my one dependant and that I have completed the related info correctly on my personal details application. However, once I submitted the application and tried to pay for the IHS charge, I was told "you have no dependants". I could not edit this answer anywhere, only on the application itself. Of course, I could not go back to the application and check what I wrote.

I am not even sure that I could or should pay for my daughter's IHS fee at the same time as my own because I will be asked to pay it again when I submit her application.

This is so confusing...what a nightmare.
Any input will be greatly appreciated !

cyborg001

Re: IHS payment confusion- please help

Post by cyborg001 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:05 am

Just restart another form as you have not paid yet. All your applications can be accessed via the "My Account" button on top right.