ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport with eea2 lost met police stoped registering lost

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

srk370
Newly Registered

passport with eea2 lost met police stoped registering lost

Post by srk370 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:44 am

Hi all I have lost my passport with eea2 and I was planning to apply for pr with new passport as im qualified for pr now in the form it says if u lost passport or residence card give police lost report number and I dont have it police would not register it so what do I do now anyone please???

noajthan

Re: passport with eea2 lost met police stoped registering l

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:23 pm

srk370 wrote:Hi all I have lost my passport with eea2 and I was planning to apply for pr with new passport as im qualified for pr now in the form it says if u lost passport or residence card give police lost report number and I dont have it police would not register it so what do I do now anyone please???
Sussex Police are no longer required to issue out Lost Property numbers or document the report of lost passports.
Ref: http://www.sussex.police.uk/help-centre ... shall-i-do

This advice from at least this one police force suggests police don't routinely log lost passports any more.

Suggest contact your embassy & see if it is necessary to report the loss to them.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

srk370
Newly Registered

Post by srk370 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:37 am

Thanks for your reply

my problem is eea4 form where they asking for police refrence number for lost passport and at the time met police said they are not registering lost passport reports anymore hence no police refrence number, so what do I put in eea4 form ??? About the lost passport ??

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:30 pm

srk370 wrote:Thanks for your reply

my problem is eea4 form where they asking for police refrence number for lost passport and at the time met police said they are not registering lost passport reports anymore hence no police refrence number, so what do I put in eea4 form ??? About the lost passport ??
Suggest explain (on the form) that police now only issue reports for stolen passports not lost ones. And if you register the loss with the embassy you can state that fact, along with quoting any reference from the embassy.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

srk370
Newly Registered

Post by srk370 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:19 am

Thanks again I think I do that explain on the form as you suggested.