ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samfam
United Kingdom

Re: EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Post by samfam » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:53 pm

Hello All !
Hope you all are doing fine..You guys been alot of for me lately with my EEA Family permit.Anyways,Describing my confusing situation to seek some professional help.

I am non-EU Wife of EEA(Swedish) National. Submitted my EEA2 Application on 25th July 2015 along with all the supporting documents i.e Original passport ,Islamic Marriage certification ,Swedish Marriage registration certificate, Photographs of us together ,Husband's Swedish ID , His Bank statements(4 months ), Electricity bills + Water bills ( proof of us living together) .

I received a refusal Letter dated 8th January 2016 on the grounds of that he is not a qualified person and not acting any treaty rights.As, I submitted under the category of Qualified person ( Employed permanently) .My husband changed the job in between the period of application being processed. H.O phone on 8th December 2015 to the company(the company he was working for by the time I applied for application) to confirm about his employment but unfortunately by that time he has been working for the new company. Also, they mention that in the bank statements there were just two months of salary shown, which is absolutely wrong .The bank statements shows the salary for four months.

They said to leave the country as I have no right to live as I have failed to do so. They didn't return my passport but sent back all other documents.They wrote that i make arrangements to travel and ask for the passport from local immigration .
Also, They suggest I can submit an appeal to first tier tribunal with in calendar 14 days or can make new application alternatively .So What you guys think would be best to do because I heard(not sure) appeal took more than 1 year and with the new application I have to wait for more six months again.

Could you guys suggest what is the best thing to appeal or re apply ? Do I need to hire a solictor ? What documents should I provide them again ? I already got his Employment letter from new job , all the payslips of whole year .Please help I am running out of time.
Application sent : 8th Feb 2016 (Postal order)
Biometric received : 26th Feb 2016
Bimoetric sent : 26th Feb 2016
COA received : 1st March 2016 (with right of work)
Decision made : 8th Aug 2016
Residence card : 12th Aug 2016

Jaeger
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jaeger » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:56 pm

So has anyone received a biometric Residence Card? Does is it look it different from a typical BRP?

Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:48 am

Hey guys.. Wanted to update about how the interview went.. Thanks alot Alex for informing me about this thread..
we got there.. the usual process of them giving us a paper letting us know why the interview is taking place etc and if they suspect a sham marriage etc..

so first my wife went for the interview it took her around an hour and a half and then i was called and my interview took around an hour..

funny part the only thing they looked at in our documents was her employment letter and her wage slip.. they didnt look at our pics or our bank statements nothing at all..

over all we made 4 mistakes.. the questions were very random. even about our lives before we met.. and they asked us to confirm how much we knew about it.. but it seemed they already had all the info that we were genuine etc.. and that they didnt ask much about our daily activities.. funny but yeah.. lets see..

Lets hope and pray we get a positive answer.. fingers crossed!! :/

alex.torredo71
Newly Registered

Post by alex.torredo71 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:43 pm

Can you give us some questions that they have asked you ?

al.91
Newly Registered

Post by al.91 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:54 pm

Congrats to the ones who got the RC !

I've applied 2 months ago and it's going pretty quick but I still haven't received my COA. I sent my biometrics on the 15th of december and since then nothing. I called HO and the officer told me that after 21 days I can send a request by emai to receive it, what I did.

Is there anyone here who requested it as well like this ? I know it can take time but I really need to change my job.

I hope june applicants and july applicants who are still waiting will have good news soon !

Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:11 pm

alex.torredo71 wrote:Can you give us some questions that they have asked you ?
the questions were..

asked us about how we met..
date of when we met..
our first date.. and the second date and what did we do..
later asked..how we got there.. who left first on the first date.. who left on the second date.. t
he questions were random fr me.. suddenly went on abt our bank accounrts.. then went to ask me if i practised my religion . if i drank.. or if i eat halal or not.. and her eating habbits.. and on how many times did my wife go back to her country..
how many siblings she has.. whats her siblings age..if shes married or not.
how did i propose to her.. why her family members didnt attend the marriage..
what her ideal career is .. what my ideal career is. if any of us has tattoos on our body... what did i do before i met her..
where did i live before i came to uk.. where did she live before she came to uk..
my educational qualifications, her educational qualifications..
what places we lived in together and before
.. what are our common interests. what would we do once i get my visa.. how many rooms were in each flats.. how did we pay the rent..
who paid the rent from jan to june in the previous.. ( i didnt cuz i wasnt allowed to work)...
and who do we pay our rent to in the new place..
are we gonna move soon.. etc..
there are many other questions that i dont remeber but yea these were the main ones..

My wife's interview was longer than mine..
there were questions they didnt ask me which they asked her.. like what we did last weekend etc ..
Last edited by Nightwolf on Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:13 pm

Nightwolf wrote:Hey guys.. Wanted to update about how the interview went.. Thanks alot Alex for informing me about this thread..
we got there.. the usual process of them giving us a paper letting us know why the interview is taking place etc and if they suspect a sham marriage etc..

so first my wife went for the interview it took her around an hour and a half and then i was called and my interview took around an hour..

funny part the only thing they looked at in our documents was her employment letter and her wage slip.. they didnt look at our pics or our bank statements nothing at all..

over all we made 4 mistakes.. the questions were very random. even about our lives before we met.. and they asked us to confirm how much we knew about it.. but it seemed they already had all the info that we were genuine etc.. and that they didnt ask much about our daily activities.. funny but yeah.. lets see..

You are welcome mate, Glad everything went well for you!!
Hopefully you will hear some good news soon :)
Application sent: 25.06
Biometrics : 10/07 (dated 07/07)
COA: 29/07
Received Questionnaire: 09/11
RC : Refused ( 23/01/2016)
Appeal Filed : 25/01/2016

Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:21 pm

alex1128 wrote:
Nightwolf wrote:Hey guys.. Wanted to update about how the interview went.. Thanks alot Alex for informing me about this thread..

You are welcome mate, Glad everything went well for you!!
Hopefully you will hear some good news soon :)
Lets hope it went well bro.. cuz u never trust em.. its always a stress untill u dont see the residence card in front of u..

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:26 pm

Hope you get your RC nightwolf.

Any updates guys ?

And did anyone have problems with DX ?
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:31 am

chriskv1 wrote:Hope you get your RC nightwolf.

Any updates guys ?

And did anyone have problems with DX ?
Thanks alot mate.. yeah now comes again the waiting period.. lets see how further this waiting period goes.. sigh*

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:18 am

Didn't they specify after the interview how long you will have to wait before receiving an answer?

Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:26 am

alex1128 wrote:Didn't they specify after the interview how long you will have to wait before receiving an answer?
nope they didnt..

BTW .. guys the home office just called my wife's workplace to confirm if she worked there..

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:30 am

What ?? :O

That's weird, normally they call the workplace before the interview isnt it ?

Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:04 am

alex1128 wrote:What ?? :O

That's weird, normally they call the workplace before the interview isnt it ?
yeah i dunno whats going on.. seriously

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:09 am

Still That's a good sign mate ;)

If there was something wrong with your interview they wouldn't bother checking the employment ...

It's always good to know that things are moving unlike our case where nothing seem to move :D , Hopefully you're gonna get the good news very soon and get us a drink !

Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:39 am

Did you check on with them regarding the progress of your application?

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:44 am

Nightwolf wrote:Did you check on with them regarding the progress of your application?
When my wife called they told here they will call back whithin 2 weeks :o

The MP has sent a letter as well ...

Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:46 am

Best of Luck to you bro!!.. Hope you hear from them soon too..

Mo2013

Post by Mo2013 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:59 pm

Bello guys ,, please keep updating the timeline and who also still waiting let us know u r active

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:37 pm

A little update !

The HO just called us today saying we will hear from them within the next 4 days :roll:

Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:03 pm

Best of Luck man!! Ive got my fingers crossed for you!!

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:00 pm

Cheers buddy thx !

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:06 am

alex1128 wrote:Cheers buddy thx !
All the best Alex !
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

zaincam
Newly Registered

Post by zaincam » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:46 pm

Application sent: 20.08
Biometrics : 06/09
COA with right to work dated: 12/09
RC & RC: Pending
I applied for EEA RC and for my wife EEA FP. I sent both applications together. I sent payorder for my wife and for my application i gave my card details. They have not taken any amount from my card. i wonder why??
I am glad august applicants are receiving RC so hopefully i should be getting it soon. Thanks

Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:50 pm

zaincam wrote:Application sent: 20.08
Biometrics : 06/09
COA with right to work dated: 12/09
RC & RC: Pending
I applied for EEA RC and for my wife EEA FP. I sent both applications together. I sent payorder for my wife and for my application i gave my card details. They have not taken any amount from my card. i wonder why??
I am glad august applicants are receiving RC so hopefully i should be getting it soon. Thanks
so basically you got your COA but they didnt deduct the money.. thats weird .. well as long as u got the COA its fine i guess.. u can always have a follow up.