ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

class 2 NI contribution

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

buntyz

class 2 NI contribution

Post by buntyz » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:22 am

Hi there
i am self employed going to apply for ILR under accelerated route next month.i was going through Home office guidelines they are asking for latest bill of Class 2 NI contribution or recent bank statement showing Direct debit payments.i was checking all my documents n bank statements i couldnt find it then i found that HMRC has stop taking class 2 contribution since april 2015 they have totally stopped it then why home office still got it on their recent guidelines.
Any help
Many thanks

buntyz

Re: class 2 NI contribution

Post by buntyz » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:25 am

Evidence of current registration - Self-employed applicants
152. If you are self-employed when you apply, you must provide evidence that you are paying
Class 2 National Insurance (NI) contributions. You may also pay Class 4 NI, but we only need
to see evidence of Class 2 payments.
153. NI contributions may be paid by bill or direct debit, or you may have applied for a small
earnings exception certificate. If you have registered recently you will have a welcome letter.
154. You must provide one of the following documents, according to your individual
circumstances.
If you receive a NI bill:
You must provide the bill from the billing period immediately before the application. This
must be an original document and not a copy.
If your NI is paid by direct debit:
You must provide a copy of your most recent bank statement issued before the
application, showing the direct debit payment of NI to HMRC.
If you have very low earnings and have applied for an HMRC exception certificate:
You should provide an original exception certificate issued by HMRC for the most recent
return date.
If you have recently registered and have not yet paid a contribution:
You should provide the original, dated welcome letter from HMRC containing your unique
Tier 1(Entrepreneur) Policy Guidance version 11/2015 - Page 49
taxpayer reference number.

thats what it exactly says on their recent guidelines.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:31 am

buntyz wrote:Hi there
i am self employed going to apply for ILR under accelerated route next month.i was going through Home office guidelines they are asking for latest bill of Class 2 NI contribution or recent bank statement showing Direct debit payments.i was checking all my documents n bank statements i couldnt find it then i found that HMRC has stop taking class 2 contribution since april 2015 they have totally stopped it then why home office still got it on their recent guidelines.
Any help
Many thanks
Class 2 National insurance contributions are paid either annually or monthly via direct debit. You need to check and see if you paid all the necessary NI for this year. Contact HMRC and ask if you need to pay more. If your income is more than a threshold you need to also pay Class 4 NI through your self-assessment (the deadline for submitting self-assessment for 2014-15 is the end of this month :!: ) Make sure your tax affairs are in order before applying for ILR.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:22 am

Since April 2015, Class 2 NI contributions are no longer taken by Direct Debit and HMRC should have advised you of this by letter or email. The payment will be taken when you submit your SA for 2015/16.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

buntyz

Post by buntyz » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:55 pm

Casa wrote:Since April 2015, Class 2 NI contributions are no longer taken by Direct Debit and HMRC should have advised you of this by letter or email. The payment will be taken when you submit your SA for 2015/16.
yes casa thats my point if HMRC is not chrging something then how they can provide invoice for that and home office is asking for recent payment made or invoice

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:48 pm

buntyz wrote:
Casa wrote:Since April 2015, Class 2 NI contributions are no longer taken by Direct Debit and HMRC should have advised you of this by letter or email. The payment will be taken when you submit your SA for 2015/16.
yes casa thats my point if HMRC is not chrging something then how they can provide invoice for that and home office is asking for recent payment made or invoice
You can get a copy of your self-assessment from your accountant or online if you are filing via HMRC website. Highlight the part where you paid NI.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice