ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help needed!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thatsok
Newly Registered

Urgent help needed!!!

Post by thatsok » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:07 pm

Hi everyone
The girl I want to marry is in my home country right now. She lived in the UK legally for 7 years on student visa. Last year she had to leave the UK after the college she was studying closed down. I met her once when she was still in the UK but that time I didn't have an intention to marry her. Now things have changed and we have decided to get married. Currently I'm on a refugee status in the UK, so going to my home country for marriage registration is not an option for me. The only option I'm thinking about is that she applies for student visa and when she comes to the UK we can register our marriage in the UK and apply for marriage visa here. Another option that I have recently heard of is that we can register our marriage in a third country and then she can make an application for marriage visa from our home country.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!!! Which is the best/safest way in our current situation and is there any other options may be I'm not aware of?
Thanks

noajthan

Re: Urgent help needed!!!

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:51 pm

thatsok wrote:Hi everyone

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!!! Which is the best/safest way in our current situation and is there any other options may be I'm not aware of?
Thanks
See advice for students if fiance comes to or is in UK as a student:
http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... in-the-UK/#
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.