ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SYH
BANNED

ILR Approved!

Post by SYH » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:02 am

I got my ILR application approved
Background:
Previously on HSMP; one of the unfortunates who had to wait another year to apply for ILR because the HO changed the eligibility from 4 to 5 years.
Timeline: Payment accepted 2-11
Confirmation letter dated 5-11
Sticker states ILR began 22-11
Approval letter dated and mailed out 4 -12.
Don't know why the approval letter and materials were sent out.a week later as previous approvals were closer in date to the sticker date.
Basically, it was processed in 2 weeks despite the belief on this board from some of the experts that my case may not be straightfoward.
due to: absences, secondment (work abroad) and Ltd company owner/contractor.
Also, it shows that the service standards on the website is just a guideline as my application was submitted in November and it still states October.
I attribute the speedy processing to organizing the application succinctly.
I did not provide anything that would confuse the case worker as to whether I passed each element to qualify for ILR
Life in the UK test certificate
Listing absences in a spreadsheet, showing date in and out, calculating the number of days, location of trip, its purpose.
Providing bank statements with healthy balances=no need for recourse to public funds
Providing p60's and current assignment proving previous and current economic activity for the 5 year period.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:07 am

Congratulations on the ILR!

Onwards now to a Naturalisation application in a year's time?
John

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:08 am

Congratulations!

You can now start working towards your naturalisation after a year unless of course you are married to a Brit (I don't know your sex though but you sound more of a bloke than a lady. I will be surprise if it is otherwise :lol: )

Enjoy your status!
Praise The Lord!!!!

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:15 am

Thanks guys, I am relieved to be out of that rat race with the constant changes going about.
I just wanted to apply as soon as I was eligible.
Plus the fees get higher and higher every year.
I never understand people who have been eligible for years and then start scrambling at the last second when the conditions changes or the leave is about to end.
And I am also going to do IRIS scan so I don't have deal with those crazy lines at the airport to clear immigration.

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:22 am

And I am also going to do IRIS scan so I don't have deal with those crazy lines at the airport to clear immigration.
Good idea mate! I will do the same the next time I flight out of the UK if not for good! :lol: :D :shock:
Praise The Lord!!!!

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:40 am

jes2jes wrote:
Good idea mate! I will do the same the next time I flight out of the UK if not for good! :lol: :D :shock:
Better yet, I think I will apply to be IO or work at the HO and evaluate applications! :lol: then I don't think I would have to get on the line at all.

ilr-seeker
Newly Registered

Post by ilr-seeker » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:17 pm

SYH,

Did you apply for ILR in HSMP category? If so, I would be very grateful if you let me know the documentation required to show economic activity (i'm IT contractor working through my own LTD company).

Thank you.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:23 pm

ilr-seeker wrote:SYH,

Did you apply for ILR in HSMP category? If so, I would be very grateful if you let me know the documentation required to show economic activity (i'm IT contractor working through my own LTD company).

Thank you.
Yes. It is detailed above
P60's
current contract assignment
I did show my ltd company registration certificate, VAT certificate and I had no SA or Company Tax returns either because it is only a year old. Hope that helps

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:03 pm

Congratulations!

rob911

Post by rob911 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:29 pm

Congratulations!! Out of interest, how long was your absence during the period in question. As I may face a similar issue of secondment abroad. Did you tackle this by also giving a letter to prove absence was due to work?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:54 pm

rob911 wrote:Congratulations!! Out of interest, how long was your absence during the period in question. As I may face a similar issue of secondment abroad. Did you tackle this by also giving a letter to prove absence was due to work?
I was HSMP and I currently work for myself so I simply stated my clients are of an international nature, naming them as many have been in the news lately so they have the context of the international aspect of them or even google it if they want to.
I had over 200 absences, usually the largest time away would be 2 to 3 weeks.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:34 am

Well done SYH! I'm very envious of you being off the visa roller-coaster, mostly at least. Was your 200 days absence the total of work + personal, or just work with your personal extra to that?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:36 am

goldfish wrote:Well done SYH! I'm very envious of you being off the visa roller-coaster, mostly at least. Was your 200 days absence the total of work + personal, or just work with your personal extra to that?
total for everything it was closer to 225

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:53 am

did you think of doing a same-day application at Croydon? when i get to that point i will want it all over as quickly as possible...

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:02 am

goldfish wrote:did you think of doing a same-day application at Croydon? when i get to that point i will want it all over as quickly as possible...
No I never thought of doing same day. I like my money and I don't have to take tiime off from work. Frankly I prefer door to door service. Mail it out, it gets mailed back to you. And it didn't take them that long to do it. If you got all your ducks in a row in terms of documentation, it should go smoothly. I think they appreciate a well put together applications. I gave them four document file folders
File 1 Application with Life in the Uk certificate and absence sheet
file 2 last 3 months bank statements; as mine were electronic, I had to get bank stamps and signature and made the bank write me a letter (proving no need for recourse to public funds)
File 3 All previous econcomic activiity (p60s fo the last 4 years, as I started a business last year- I also provide certificate of inc, vat certificate, invoices, bank statements showing deposits and payment letter from agency who made the payments) again as these were electronic statements, had to do the authetication and supporting agency payment letter.
File 4 current economic activity (contracts, invoices, wrote a statement explaining my forecast of revenue for the year with assumptions)

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:05 am

Thanks you are a star! Well done again!

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:10 pm

Congratulations!
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

LandRover
Newly Registered

Post by LandRover » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:05 pm

Congratulations!

zircon

Post by zircon » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:07 pm

SYH, Great! You did it!
Hearty Congratulations!

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:13 pm

zircon wrote:SYH, Great! You did it!
Hearty Congratulations!
Thanks so much.

mnvinod
Newly Registered

Post by mnvinod » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:51 pm

Hi,
My ILR is due next year.
I changed my visa status from Work Permit to HSMP early this year. Can this be a problem?

Also I had to leave the country for 5.5 months in 2004 while being on Work Permit in UK. UK Work Permit was valid during the period I was away working in another country.

Can you please advice on how I need to proceed with my ILR?

Thanks,
-Vinod

ismangil

Post by ismangil » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:11 pm

SYH,

A belated happy ILTR from me!

Regarding postal vs in-person, I am glad postal works for you. A friend insisted in doing it in person had to wait 4 weeks to get an appointment. By which time it would be all over if the friend had gone postal! (uh, not that postal.. you know what I mean!).

Credit where credit's due. Home Office seems to have got their act together in processing ILR applications.

Child Benefits also processed smoothly (of course just as I joined, they promptly gave my details away :roll: )
Perry Ismangil

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:39 pm

ismangil wrote:SYH,

A belated happy ILTR from me!

Regarding postal vs in-person, I am glad postal works for you. A friend insisted in doing it in person had to wait 4 weeks to get an appointment.
Thanks for the well wishes. Good point about the lead time it takes to get an in person appt.
This is also a good reason to do by post. Considering it takes some serious luck to be the first call, minimum a week of calling, if you ever get it, then the appt is not good for another month.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:57 pm

Vinod - how long have you been out of the UK in total? And was the 5 months away a secondment from the UK company?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:26 pm

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your experience..