ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tlf fare evasion Section 10 (b) clarification

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

syedaliuk

tlf fare evasion Section 10 (b) clarification

Post by syedaliuk » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:16 pm

Hi

Sorry if this question has been asked already.

My friend got prosecuted by tfl. This happened 2 years ago. He says that he has never had any criminal offense before or after that incidence. Can he apply for naturalization on the basis of the point below?

I read the guidance note:

Q8 - I have one non-custodial sentence but 3 years has not lapsed, will they still refuse me?

If you have a single (one) conviction (non-custodial) and it occurred within the first 2 years of the 3 (i.e. you have had no offences within the last 12 months), there are strong countervailing factors which suggest that you are of good character in all other regards and the decision to refuse would be disproportionate then it may be deemed an exceptional case and your application may be granted (exceptional grant under section 10(b) of Chapter 18, Annex D) despite 3 years not lapsing since the date of conviction. It may be wise to only try this where the non-custodial sentence was for a 'minor offence' and did not involve drugs or violence for example. See also, Q8A.

Please can someone senior throw some light on this. Does TFL : fare evasion comes under this non custodial crime category.

Many thanks for the help.

noajthan

Re: tlf fare evasion Section 10 (b) clarification

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:10 am

syedaliuk wrote:Hi

Sorry if this question has been asked already.

My friend got prosecuted by tfl. This happened 2 years ago. He says that he has never had any criminal offense before or after that incidence. Can he apply for naturalization on the basis of the point below?

I read the guidance note:

Q8 - I have one non-custodial sentence but 3 years has not lapsed, will they still refuse me?

Please can someone senior throw some light on this. Does TFL : fare evasion comes under this non custodial crime category.

Many thanks for the help.
My understanding is it does come into such a category.
Can 'he' show he's being an upright member of our community & society since then?

There have been a few similar cases - & some successful citizens created, despite such a lapse:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/search ... mit=Search
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.