ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Additional evidence - HELP!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sank28
Newly Registered

Additional evidence - HELP!

Post by sank28 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:07 pm

Hi all.

So I applied for naturalization in October 2015.
Sent all the passports and evidence with the application.

End of December I received a letter to submit my biometrics which I did the same day.

Today I received a letter from HO asking for my passports, wife passport and documents to prove identity.

Problem is I already sent all this with my application so confused why they have sent this letter.

I tried to call them earlier but I was told that the backoffice team deal with the applications and I could not speak to them.

I also emailed them and got a standard reply that there will be no further emails from them.

Help! What do I do?
With the letter today they sent back a couple of the documents like the life in the UK test, marriage certificate etc.

Anybody come across a situation like this?

Need some advice on what to do!

Firefade

Re: Additional evidence - HELP!

Post by Firefade » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:04 pm

Are you saying you sent them your passports already?
how many passports have you got?
How long have you been here?
how did you apply for naturalisation?
Did you send them in one Envelop?

Seem like they gave up already sending you back your life in Uk cert.

sank28
Newly Registered

Post by sank28 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:51 pm

Yes I sent 2 of my passports and my wife British passport with the application.

These were sent in October 2015.

Seems strange that they are saying they havent received them when they were in the same envelope as the documents that they sent back to me.

I have been in the UK for over 3 years now and applied by post.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:11 pm

I'm not sure I can offer much help. But have a few questions...
1) Did you keep copies of all the documents/passports you sent them as part of your application?
2) Did you receive an acknowledgement letter from them indicating the documentation they received? I.e. At around the same time you received the letter to enroll your biometrics.
3) I presume you sent the application and supporting documentation together by some form of secure traceable delivery? I.e. And not separately.
Was there any particular reason you didn't use the services of an council NCS?
4) Have they returned all other supporting documentation you sent them as part of the application? Other than the passports they say are missing now?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:14 pm

I would not be surprised if they have lost or mislaid your documents.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sank28
Newly Registered

Post by sank28 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:47 pm

1) yes I took photos of each document/evidence.
2) yes received a letter but instead of mentioning passports it said supporting documents 3 which I assumed meant the passports.
3) all the documents were sent in the same envelope as the application form by recorded delivery. We didn't use the NCS as there is not one near by.
4) they sent all the rest back apart from 3 passports, BRP card and the life in the UK certificate.
So they sent back the marriage certificate, English language certificate, the letter from HO issuing the BRP.

Manchester171

Post by Manchester171 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:10 am

I think you first track your post on Royal mail to check the name and signature of the person who signed the delivery of your documents at HO. Call again the HO and give them the serial no of your post and the name of the person who signed it. wait their respond and if nothing happened, you may need to seek a legal advise from an immigration Solicitor also your MP may be can push HO to take your request seriously.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:53 am

Manchester171 wrote:I think you first track your post on Royal mail to check the name and signature of the person who signed the delivery of your documents at HO. Call again the HO and give them the serial no of your post and the name of the person who signed it. wait their respond and if nothing happened, you may need to seek a legal advise from an immigration Solicitor also your MP may be can push HO to take your request seriously.
I agree with the advise given above and also with vinny's opinion that the most likely scenario is that the HO have either misplaced or lost the missing documents.

If you are unable to speak to someone in person you may also try writing to them (referencing your application & their recent correspondence to you) to show that you have made your best effort to contact them directly before seeking external assistance/escalation.
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi/british ... ationality

sank28
Newly Registered

Post by sank28 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:48 pm

Thanks I will try that.

Also they have asked for 'documentary evidence confirming your personal details'

Can someone please confirm what this means? Does it have to be a photo id?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:24 pm

sank28 wrote:Thanks I will try that.

Also they have asked for 'documentary evidence confirming your personal details'

Can someone please confirm what this means? Does it have to be a photo id?

It may mean something like copies of what they have lost - to help them find it all.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.