ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependents - Extension Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chrisrice

ILR Dependents - Extension Questions

Post by Chrisrice » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:59 pm

Dear All,

I got my ILR as being a long residence UK in Oct 2013.My question is that my son who is born abroad is my ILR dependent (issue on Feb 2014) and my wife is also born in abroad and she is also my ILR dependent (issue on Feb 2014).

(1) Next month 02/Feb/2016 my wife and son ILR dependent visa will be expiring.
(2)Which criteria they have to apply now,are they eligible to apply a ILR,I was wondering which application form do they have to fill?
(3) My wife don't have Life in UK test certificate because she could not pass,is there will be any problem if she don't have LIUK certificate?
(4)What are the bank other document does my wife and son need to show Home office?
(5) Last question is how much bank statement or salary do I have earn to show to Home office?

Can you help me please.

Thank you in advance,
Chrisrice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Dependents - Extension Questions

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:54 pm

What was their UK visa status before applying for their current visas?

Any advice or response will be based on what you answer in the above question.

3. LIUK is for ILR, your wife needs LIUK, there is no avoiding this, her application will be refused if she does not submit it.. If she does. She also needs to meet the English level B1 requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chrisrice

Post by Chrisrice » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:23 am

Thanks CR001,before current visa my wife and son were on student dependent visa.Now as I got my ILR they are my ILR depdendent and can you tell me which form my wife have to fill if she want to extend as a ILR dependent visa instead of ILR(due to LIUK) and I believe my son (12 Years ) old is qualified for ILR(which form does he need to fill) please?Many thanks for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:17 pm

FLR(M) to extend.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chrisrice

Post by Chrisrice » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:44 pm

Thank you very much CR0001,Another question, I heard it from my relatives that if our small son is just only 16 months,my wife do not have to give LIUK test ( I might be wrong) can you clarify this Q & A please?

Last question is that,Will my eldest son 12 years old is entitled to apply ILR,if yes can you tell me which form do he have to fill please?
Thank you in advance,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:15 pm

LIUK is not required for FLR(M). She is not exempt form LIUK because she has a baby. You have 'heard' wrong.

English A1 level is required for FLR(M).

Not sure if 12 year will qualify if mother doesn't apply. If he does, it would be Set(F) form.

Edited :oops:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:39 pm

Typically the visa status of children born abroad will be in line with that of the less-privileged parent.

So, if your wife is unable to acquire ILR, it is likely that your children born abroad can not either.
CR001 wrote:LIUK is not required for ILR.
I think CR001 meant to say that LITUK is not required for FLR. It is required for ILR.
Chrisrice wrote:Another question, I heard it from my relatives that if our small son is just only 16 months,my wife do not have to give LIUK test.
To the best of my knowledge, the only exceptions to the LITUK test are if the applicant is under 18 or over 64. Maternity is not an exception.

Has your wife attempted the LITUK test? It is not very difficult. Check out your local council library. Some of them have classes and/or study groups that help out with learning about the test.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:49 pm

secret.simon wrote:
CR001 wrote:LIUK is not required for ILR.
I think CR001 meant to say that LITUK is not required for FLR. It is required for ILR.
Corrected, thanks :oops:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Chrisrice

Post by Chrisrice » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:08 am

Thank you so much CR0001,Now I am clear that my wife can apply FLR(M) with A1 English,but I am still confused that will my 12 years old son will qualify for ILR because he was my ILR dependent visa since 2014 and his visa expire on next month 02 Feb 2016?Can you clarify it more detail please?

Thank you in advance

Chrisrice

Post by Chrisrice » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:18 am

"Has your wife attempted the LITUK test? It is not very difficult. Check out your local council library. Some of them have classes and/or study groups that help out with learning about the test"

Thanks secret.simon,with my honest answer my wife gave LIUK test 4 times she only get 14 - 15 score out of 18,I know it is not a difficult as having with a small baby and a full time mom.Now we have planned to get help from local council or private edu centre to brush her LIUK in more detail to pass on next time.

But we have some question,could you help us please?According to UKBA,my wife will fill FLR(M) form which cost £649 and but I am still confused that will my 12 years old son will qualify for ILR because he was my ILR dependent visa since 2014 and his visa expire on next month 02 Feb 2016?Can you clarify it more detail please?

Thank you all.

Chrisrice

Post by Chrisrice » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:40 pm

Dear CR001 ....just wondering my wife have got city and guild (ESOL level certificate Entry Level 2) issued on Feb 2013,my question is that if my wife wants to extend her visa as my ILR dependent,can we used this ESOL entry level 2 certificate to extend her visa?Can you clearify pls?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:25 pm

I am not sure if she can use the 2013 one. Since 12 November, HO is no longer accepting ESOL, but I am not 100% clear if this is applicable to older tests or only for tests taken AFTER April 2015.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:28 pm

Chrisrice wrote:Dear CR001 ....just wondering my wife have got city and guild (ESOL level certificate Entry Level 2) issued on Feb 2013,my question is that if my wife wants to extend her visa as my ILR dependent,can we used this ESOL entry level 2 certificate to extend her visa?Can you clearify pls?

Thanks

Suggest review forum FAQs here:
british-citizenship/faqs-english-langua ... 98118.html
- see Q8 a)
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Chrisrice

Post by Chrisrice » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:50 pm

Dear all,
I got my ILR on 2013 and now I would like to apply my 12 years old son who was my ILR dependent visa on Feb,2014, will he qualify for ILR because he was my ILR dependent visa since 2014 and his visa expire on next month 11 Feb 2016?May I know which application can he apply please?Do we have to attahced any of his school document with the application form please?Can you clarify it more detail please?

Thank you in advance

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:41 pm

He won't qualify for ILR without his mother qualifying for SET(M) (two-year route), unless he qualifies under Long residence. If mother hasn't satisfy the KOLL requirements, then they should both extend on FLR(M).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Chrisrice

Post by Chrisrice » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:11 am

Thank you Vinny for the prompt reply.Another question is there differnt FLR(M) application form for dependent under 18 or we can use the same FLR(M) application like my wife.Thank you sir

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:14 am

One form is sufficient for both your wife and son.
Apply to remain in the UK with family wrote:Partner (2-year route)
You can only include your children under 18.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Chrisrice

Post by Chrisrice » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:30 pm

Thank you Vinny for your help.Last question

(1)Since Nov 2015,I have no job due to redundancy,my employers gave me a redundancy letter and my wife is a full time house wife.I am extremely looking for a new job.Will my elder son and wife FLR(M) aaplication affect due to not having my job or not?But we have enough money in our bank account.
(2)Also,we have another small baby (17 months son) ,he have got British Passport already.Can we send his passport photocopy to support my wife and eldest son FLR(M) application form.

Thank you in advance

Chrisrice

Post by Chrisrice » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:12 pm

Dear Vinny,

Can you reply my above question please?

Thank you

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:22 pm

Chrisrice wrote:Thank you Vinny for your help.Last question

(1)Since Nov 2015,I have no job due to redundancy,my employers gave me a redundancy letter and my wife is a full time house wife.I am extremely looking for a new job.Will my elder son and wife FLR(M) aaplication affect due to not having my job or not?But we have enough money in our bank account.
(2)Also,we have another small baby (17 months son) ,he have got British Passport already.Can we send his passport photocopy to support my wife and eldest son FLR(M) application form.

Thank you in advance
How much do you have in savings? If you don't have £62,500 or over you need a job paying over £18,600 and held it for the last six months.

A siblings passport won't help at all....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Chrisrice

Post by Chrisrice » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:12 am

Thank you Wanderer for your reply