ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier1 to ILR or FLR(M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

highland_001
Newly Registered

tier1 to ILR or FLR(M)

Post by highland_001 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:05 pm

hi,

first of all i like to thanks all members and gurus who helped me for getting my ILR.

my history:-
I was a dependent of tier1 general but completed my own 10 year and got ILR.

partner still on tier1 general, visa valid till may 2016.

bit worried to apply for tier1 to ilr bcs his employer hasn't paid any tax which he showed as salary in initial application, and now the company is dissolved.

query:-
1. if he apply tier1 to ilr and get refuse bcs of tax issue then can he again re-apply for partner of settled p
person?

2. if he apply flr(m) rather than tier1 and get refuse, what options we will have?.

spoke with few solicitors and got mix response, but everybody said one thing that they cant remove him from country, but we may need to fight in court.

pls share your experience gurus.

thx again.

vinny

Re: tier1 to ILR or FLR(M)

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:55 pm

I think that any applications for leave to remain may be refused on the basis of not paying taxes.

If he manages to switch to FLR(M), then his qualifying period of SET(M) will be reset.

Best to sort out any tax issues before making any applications for leave to remain.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

highland_001
Newly Registered

Post by highland_001 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:36 pm

vinny wrote:I think that any applications for leave to remain may be refused on the basis of not paying taxes.

If he manages to switch to FLR(M), then his qualifying period of SET(M) will be reset.

Best to sort out any tax issues before making any applications for leave to remain.

thx Vinny for ur reply.

we tried to contact the employer but there is no sign of him or his company.

pls suggest any other best option.

my partner's 10 year will complete on march 2017 so can he go ILR ON LONG RESIDENCE?

thx again

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:45 pm

vinny wrote:I think that any applications for leave to remain may be refused on the basis of not paying taxes.
Try asking HM Revenue or accountants for more advice.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.