ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC application US. Made biometric appointment. How to pay?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uscjohn
Newly Registered

EC application US. Made biometric appointment. How to pay?

Post by uscjohn » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:10 pm

From reading some postings here, I gather this EC online application system from the US is somewhat new. I am confused because there was no way to use my credit card to pay for the visa fee. Wasn't that the way people were doing it before? I just submitted online and at no time did a window or opportunity pop up to submit credit card info.

Here's what comes up however:
"4.You must now take your printed application, supporting documents and the appropriate fee (unless paid on-line with this application) to the address shown below on the agreed date and time of your appointment. If you are in the United States of America, Australia or New Zealand you must SEND these documents to the visa issuing office shown on your printed copy of your application form. No personal callers will be admitted to the visa office location. Your application will not be accepted at any other location. Failure to submit documents will result in a delay and/or lead to the refusal of your application.

USCIS ASC Fairfax Application Support Center
5949 West Pico Blvd.
Fairfax
CA
90035-2653"

Now if I take a money order with me to the appointment as requested, who is the money order made to? UK Home Office? British Consulate? No instructions.

By the way, am I to understand that after my appointment, I will have to send the documents to the British Consulate in LA per instructions above? (No address was given in the completed form which I am suppose to print out and send with my passport. It just says visa issuing office "British Consulate General LA." I suppose I could look up the address in the phone book or whatever.)

Also the online form is buggy. I am a US national but not born in the USA. When I put in my country of birth, the citizenship/nationality automatically reverts to that country with no correction possible!!! And the passport must match nationality as their instructions state.

:cry:

So I had to put in US as country of birth and put a note in the explanation that the online form has a bug and explain I left my country of birth at age 2. I figure it is more important that the passport match the nationality I state.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:12 pm

It's VERY buggy...everyone is having problems. Though not being able to pay is a new one, I thought it could now only be done on line.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!