ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Registration query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krishi572000

MN1 Registration query

Post by krishi572000 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:28 pm

Hi

Good After Noon every one ,

Me and My wife are applying for Naturalisation in 10 days time My Younger son is british by birth

My 1st one is 5 years old he was born in india and brought up in india , we brought him back here in sep 2015

on Indefinite leave to enter (thats what he holds now) can we register him with our nationality applications

my worry is he was only here for 5 months now will that be ok are is there any residency requirement for him

its bit confusing on the home office site please kindly guide me Thanks

noajthan

Re: MN1 Registration query

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:53 pm

krishi572000 wrote:Hi

Good After Noon every one ,

Me and My wife are applying for Naturalisation in 10 days time My Younger son is british by birth

My 1st one is 5 years old he was born in india and brought up in india , we brought him back here in sep 2015

on Indefinite leave to enter (thats what he holds now) can we register him with our nationality applications

my worry is he was only here for 5 months now will that be ok are is there any residency requirement for him

its bit confusing on the home office site please kindly guide me Thanks
No specific residency requirements for such a young child; the main thing is you had the foresight to get his ILR.

You can register such a foreign-born child, at Home Secretary's discretion, under Section 3(1) of BNA along with one of your applications.

You can read chapter & verse of relevant HO guidance here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... structions
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

krishi572000

Re: MN1 Registration query

Post by krishi572000 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:57 pm

Many Thanks naojthan also i did have one more query posted if u could help me out Thanks