ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ten Best Immigration Solicitors in the UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shahmir

Ten Best Immigration Solicitors in the UK

Post by shahmir » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:29 am

Since there are tougher immigration rules being introduced every other quarter of the year and for complex matters I have seen seniors or moderators advise here to seek professional help, many who are desperate to get top class advise and ready to pay good money often go into wrong hands and there are many solicitors out there who show up like they know A-Z about immigration, they will be in TV ads as well, but actually their level of skills and experience in immigration matters is poor. A recent experience of mine suggests that we should have a short list of trusted solicitors which can be created based on recommendations by only moderators or senior most members. I would call it "Ten best immigration solicitors in the UK". When an application is rejected, the applicant has a short time to take his matter to tribunal etc, so he has to act quickly and the main time is lost in finding a top class immigration adviser.

You might have watched a TV ad of xxxxx Solicitors. No offence but I do want to mention that I met him recently to get some advise and this guy didn't even know that I need just one form Set 'O' to apply for ILR (Tier1-G) for myself and my dependents. He said each dependent will use a separate form (so his fee is £££ for each dependent). During further discussion, I clearly felt that his knowledge was not good enough at all and I was thinking that I know much better than him on my category. He was emphasizing more on getting me registered with their company and pay fee rather than providing expert advice. So I think there should be a list of those as well who should be avoided. I met two other solicitors during my recent trip to London and both were excellent. One of them even said that I should apply myself. I still can't decide which one to choose (from these two) and after a full experience I might come back here to recommend the one I get services from, if his services will be top class till end. I understand that your application is accepted or rejected by home office based on the grounds you're submitting your application on. A good solicitor cannot always get you a Pass. But a solicitor must be evaluated based on his knowledge, expertise, time he is giving you, interest he is taking in your case, fee, paperwork and how easily he or she is accessible when you need to talk to them.

So guys if you like the suggestion please recommend someone based on your own experience. Please do not politicize this thread, I am 100% honestly feeling a need of such list especially for those who are some time desperate to seek professional advise and they could only get a link to OISC registered solicitors where you find all the good and bad. This list should bring only the best ones on top.

Also, I understand some of you here are actually immigration advisers and you might like your name in the list as well. But please, be patient and be the best in your services (if you're not yet) to bring your name in the list and support this thread.

Finally, no marketing / adverting here. Moderators are very serious about this and they are very experienced in judging the legitimacy of a recommendation.

ModeratorEdit: Defamatory content removed for legal reasons
lets get together for migrants' rights

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Ten Best Immigration Solicitors in the UK

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:02 am

This would be contrary to the Terms & Conditions of the Board set by the Board owners. Posting negative reports of specific Immigration professionals could result in a libel suit both for the Board owners and the member who has posted the information. There is strict guidance regarding online content.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.