ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The time allowed to stay after refusal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Z2004
Newly Registered

The time allowed to stay after refusal

Post by Z2004 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:56 pm

Hi,

Is there anyone know how long will the applicant be allowed to stay for packing up after receiving the refusal for FLR. Is it one week? I hope the home office won't request to leave immediately. Looking forward to your information.Thanks a lot.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:09 pm

Depends on:

1. What FLR you applied for.

2. Whether you hold FLR when the refusal comes back.

3. Where FLR in 2 is IED based whether you are still in employment (other than HSMP).

4. Whether any rights of appeal exists.

If none of the above apply then 28 days from the date of notification by the Home Office. Under the Immigration Acts and regulations therein you are deemed to have received such notice on the 2nd day after posting to your last recorded address on file.

EJ

Post by EJ » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:57 am

Why are you expecting refusal?

rckybhardwaj

Post by rckybhardwaj » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:43 pm

As oer my knowedge there has been only one refusal till now on HSMP...
If you are working in any job and paying your taxes then I dont think so you can get a refusal.
They can't kick you out in just 1 year, after leaving your good job in your home country.

Z2004
Newly Registered

Post by Z2004 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:42 pm

Thanks all for your reply. I think i will be refused cause I don't hold a IED under HSMP scheme which is still in the queue while my student visa expired.

The suitation applied to me is likely as described in "FAQ-read this before posting" question 8, scenario two (applicaiton submitted after 1 apr.2004) and suitation d. But I'm confused about the suggetion of "Request the Home Office to exercise their discretion at FLR IED stage " .If I want to take action according to this, what shall i do?

And what about "discretionary approval despite a lack of existing leave to remain". Does anyone have a deep understanding of this?

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:49 pm

I suggest you check other postings regarding the possibility of staying with an expired EC until the HSMP is approved....there might be a possibility, under normal circumstances you should leave the country 28 days after the visa expires.
Please also check that your visa allows you to transfer to HSMP.....some student visas don't allow the change (switching)...
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

technician

Post by technician » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:42 am

[quote="rckybhardwaj"]As oer my knowedge there has been only one refusal till now on HSMP...
If you are working in any job and paying your taxes then I dont think so you can get a refusal.
They can't kick you out in just 1 year, after leaving your good job in your home country.[/quote

Hello Ricky ji,

Where r u. I have not heard anything from u since long.

Tech
Team work- Nurturing Talents