ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion with using the SOC code

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

udayref
Newly Registered

Confusion with using the SOC code

Post by udayref » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:48 am

Hello,

I had a confusion regarding the SOC code. I was granted an initial Tier 2 visa in April 2013. The SOC code used by the company during that time was 2321 Scientific Researcher. As the list has got updated this SOC code has been merged to 2119 Natural and social science professionals not elsewhere classified. This new code is from Occupations Skilled to PhD level.

My question is does this job need to be at a PHD level or is it fine if the job level is of masters degree to use this code. As it states Occupation skilled to PhD level.

srsw

Re: Confusion with using the SOC code

Post by srsw » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:41 pm

Not sure if you are getting confused with your qualifications vs the job skill level under SOC guide.

Anyway, to do a job which is listed in PhD level SOC code, you don't need to have a PhD.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

udayref
Newly Registered

Re: Confusion with using the SOC code

Post by udayref » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:55 pm

Thanks for your reply. I confusion was that if the SOC code mentions the job to be skilled to PhD does it need to be a Phd Level job. You have answered my question that it I do not need to have a PhD to do that level job.