ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expiry date of Tier 2 general visa extended for 2 years

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kinn
Newly Registered

Expiry date of Tier 2 general visa extended for 2 years

Post by kinn » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:04 pm

Hi,

Date of issue : 27th June 2011
Date of Entry to UK : 26th Jul 2011
Date of Expiry of Current Visa : 27th June 2011

1. When I apply for an extension, will I be getting an extension for 2 years or 3 years ? What decides the period of extension ?

2. If I apply 2 months early and if I receive a 2year visa, does this mean that newly extended visa will have an expiry date that is two months earlier than my five year completion to qualify for ILR ?

3. What are the options available to an Tier 2 General applicant who's visa expiries a month in advance than the 5 year period (assuming that there is no break in residency during the 5 years) as result of entering UK 1 month latter than the Visa issue date.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Expiry date of Tier 2 general visa extended for 2 years

Post by manci » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:24 am

the extension will be 3 years if the CoS is for 3 years

kinn
Newly Registered

Post by kinn » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:46 am

Thanks Manci.

''the extension will be 3 years if the CoS is for 3 years'' - you mean the new COS ?

What if the employer issues COS for 2 years? I'm bit suspecious here, as everybody who got the Tier2 General visa extended has got it extended for 2 years, focing me to think that my employer issues COS for only two years. So if my new COS is for 2 years, based on what the UKBA will calculate the expiry of the extended visa;

1. 2 years from date of application for the extension.
2. 2 years from the new COS issue date.
3. 2 years from the date of expiry of my current visa.
4. 2 years from the date of my first entry to UK.

If the expiry date on my extended visa is not derived based on option 4 above, I'll fall short of 5 years continuous residency to be eligible for ILR. I know my best case is to get a 3 years COS, but if incase employer assings 2 year COS for extension (most likely) what are my chances for getting a ILR ?

kinn
Newly Registered

Post by kinn » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:47 am

Thanks Manci.

''the extension will be 3 years if the CoS is for 3 years'' - you mean the new COS ?

What if the employer issues COS for 2 years? I'm bit suspecious here, as everybody who got the Tier2 General visa extended has got it extended for 2 years, focing me to think that my employer issues COS for only two years. So if my new COS is for 2 years, based on what the UKBA will calculate the expiry of the extended visa;

1. 2 years from date of application for the extension.
2. 2 years from the new COS issue date.
3. 2 years from the date of expiry of my current visa.
4. 2 years from the date of my first entry to UK.

If the expiry date on my extended visa is not derived based on option 4 above, I'll fall short of 5 years continuous residency to be eligible for ILR. I know my best case is to get a 3 years COS, but if incase employer assings 2 year COS for extension (most likely) what are my chances for getting a ILR ?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:44 am

your max stay in the UK under T2 is 6 years, you'll have to keep extending your leave until you reach the 5 year ILR threshold and will need a new CoS for each extension.

kinn
Newly Registered

Post by kinn » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:19 pm

Hi Manci,

I'm on Tier 2 General [Issued Aug 2011] from Aug 2016. My current situation is below;

1. I have been living in the UK since Sept 2011 with my wife and daughter now aged 4 years.
2. My wife and daughter is now in India, for last 7 months and they are expected to be back by April 2016.
3. The reason for temporary relocation to India is because, we wanted to be with family for delivery of our new baby [daughter].
4. My wife, elder daughter and I have Visa valid until Aug 2017.
5. We are going to apply for newborn's dependent visa from India.

Queries ;

1. Can I apply for ILR for my wife at the same time as when I'm eligible although she has not completed continuous 5 year residency in the UK. If not what we visa should I apply when I change the visa category ?
2. An I apply for ILR for my both my daughter's at the same time as when I'm eligible although she has not completed continuous 5 year residency in the UK. If not what we visa should I apply when I change the visa category ?
3. Would we have to pass english eligibility tests for ILR or are there any exemptions ?

Many thanks in advance !

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:17 pm