ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependant to ILR after July 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ghey2
Newly Registered

Tier 2 dependant to ILR after July 2012

Post by Ghey2 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:25 pm

Hello everyone. I just wanted to seek some advice regarding our situation. I am currently on a tier 2 visa and my husband has a dependant's visa. I will be applying for ILR on January 2017. I understand that my husband has to spend 5 years in the UK before he qualifies to apply for an ILR which will be in March 2018. So my questions are:

1. When I apply for ILR, what will happen to my husband's tier 2 dependant visa? Will it be invalid? So how will he finish his 5 yrs tenureship in the UK?

2. If his tier 2 visa will be invalid, what visa must he apply for?

Thank you in advance for you reply.

vinny

Re: Tier 2 dependant to ILR after July 2012

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:38 pm

It depends on the basis of your ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ghey2
Newly Registered

Post by Ghey2 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:52 pm

Hello. I will be applying based on staying in the UK under tier 2 visa. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:10 pm

1. His existing visa will remain valid.

2. If he needs an extension to reach 5 years residence, he can extend as a Tier 2 G dependent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

theabrar

Post by theabrar » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:26 am

CR001 wrote: 2. If he needs an extension to reach 5 years residence, he can extend as a Tier 2 G dependent.
Will it be ok for the husband to travel outside the country, smoothly?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:00 pm

Yes as long as his visa is valid when he returns.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ghey2
Newly Registered

Tier 2 dependent to ILR on part time employment

Post by Ghey2 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:50 pm

Hi there. I would like to ask about out situation. I am currently on ILR (from tier 2) and I have my husband and 2 kids with me here. My youngest son is already a British Citizen as he was born here and I applied for him after I got my ILR. My question is:

1. My husband is eligible to apply for ILR this February 2018 (5 years), however he is on part time employment. Will this affect his application? (I on the other hand have a full time employment)

2. My eldest son is also on tier 2 dependant (he was not born here). Is it possible for my husband to apply first as we want him to do a 1 day application, and then my son apply through post when he gets his ILR? Or they have to apply together?

3. Is the form for both of them Set O?

4. Is there a maintenance fund and how much should it be?

5. Lastly, when is the soonest they can apply for cutizenship?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependent to ILR on part time employment

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:14 pm

1. Not an issue. Emoyment is not mandatory for PBS dependents.

2. Yea you can do that. Simpler to apply together though on one form.

3. Yes. One form if tbey apply together. Two forms individually if applying separately.

4. No.

5. Your husband will also need to wait 12 months on ILR if you are not British. Child will qualify to apply whwn ILR is held and when either parent applies and the other parent holds ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Ghey2
Newly Registered

Post by Ghey2 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:26 pm

Thanks very much.

Ghey2
Newly Registered

Post by Ghey2 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:34 am

Hi everyone can i just ask has anyone recently applied for ILR from tier 2 dependant? Other than what’s on the list any other additional requirements I should submit particularly from myself (I am on ILR) to support my husband’s application? Is my certificate of employment needed to support my husband’s application? Thanks very much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:38 am

Is my certificate of employment needed to support my husband’s application?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Ghey2
Newly Registered

PBS dependant to ILR

Post by Ghey2 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:09 pm

Hi everyone. My husband and my son will be applying for ILR and we are planning to post the application next week. I just want to make sure that they are indeed qualified to apply. I have read the guidelines and form but just got confused as the SET O form said PBS dependant can apply through it but the qualifying period only mentioned Tier 2.

Just a bit of background, my husband came 24 March 2013 and his visa is expiring 9 March 2018. If I am right that he can apply 28 days before the 5th year of his arrival in the UK as a PBS dependant from my then visa which is tier 2 then he can apply next week. I am already on my ILR and my youngest son is a British Citizenas he was born here.

My eldest son on the other hand arrived 8 January 2014.

Is it correct to say that my husband can apply on SET O form and that he is qualified to apply within 28 days before his 5th year? Or does he need to finish 5 years? I am very worried because obviously his visa is expiring few days before his 5th year.

Is it also correct to say that my eldest son can apply with him even if he did not finish 5 year as he is a minor?

Thanks very much and I appreciate all your help.

vinny

Re: PBS dependant to ILR

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:56 pm

Yes. If you were granted ILR under PBS, then he may apply for SET(O) under 319E from Saturday, 24 February 2018 and before his leave expires. May include under 18 year old son under 319J.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:59 pm

Ghey2
Newly Registered

Post by Ghey2 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:56 pm

Thanks very much for all your help Vinny. This site has helped me loads!