ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch to HSMP from Student, your expert advice required :)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

savvy_000

Switch to HSMP from Student, your expert advice required :)

Post by savvy_000 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:46 pm

Hello All, I am in need of your advice

I have a few questions before I apply for my FLR HSMP to switch from Student to HSMP, I have got my HSMP approval letter in country. I would like to start by explaining my history here in the UK.

I got my initial entry clearance from India on a student visa to do my masters in a recognized university, commenced studies in oct 2005 and completed in oct 2006 and got my masters degree as well. Enrolled in a college (US affiliated)to do an MBA in Feb 07 which is due to complete end of Jan 08, got my student visa extended till april 08.

Got my HSMP approval letter this November :) and CANT WAIT TO GET THE HSMP stamping so that I could start working full time as there are several offers on the table and the only criteria letting me down is my current student visa status, plus hearing alot abt changes in Jan 08.

Would I have to wait till I finish this mba course or can I go ahead with the FLR as I am already able to produce a Masters Degree certificate completed in Oct 06?

I was working part time but stopped working since july 07(study purpose), Can I included my wifes bank statements as well as she has been working full time on dependent visa?

i currently have the following ready apart from the obvious photos and passports

approval letter
3 mth bank statements for both of us
Masters degree and mark sheet
marriage certificate

Is it necessary that I include a letter from the current college confirming I am a full time student?
I dont mind discontinuing the mba course to get my hsmp sorted as my approval was not based on it, but it was based on my previous Masters degree and earnings

Could any one please answer my questions soon, I would be greatful to you all.

Just to add I didnt leave and re-enter, I hope I have made my situation clear and not confusing with too much of information. Please get back to me soon, many thanks.

Sav

Umriz
Newly Registered

Post by Umriz » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:52 pm

Hi

I applied under similar circumstances and was approved. They only verified from the University where I had completed my course.

I did not attach the letter from the present institution.

yasirkhan
Newly Registered

Imp

Post by yasirkhan » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:39 am

Dear Savvy,

As per my knowledge if you got your student extention on MBA cource which is started on feb 2007 then you have to complete that cource first to become eligible for FLR(HSMP) otherwise you have to go back to get EC.

you have 5 more months to complete your studies and file FLR.

Hope that will help you to decide...

YASIR KHAN

savvy_000

more info on other questions

Post by savvy_000 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:27 pm

thank you very much for the info, but could any one also help with my other questions please, that is if i can submit my wifes bank statements along with mine for flr hsmp, thanks

Stokey
Newly Registered

Hello All

Post by Stokey » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:35 am

Please anyone can advise me.

Im on Student visa in UK since September 2005. Unfortunately, i havn't completed MBA, instead im holding PGDBA.

Im planning to apply for HSMP based on my past earnings before student, bachelor's degree and age.

I have 2 questions:
1, Can i claim 5 points for UK study experience? (i havnt completed Master degree but living in UK for 2 years)
2, How can i explain Visa officer about 2 years gap?

Please advice me/ or anyother alternatives
Thanks.
farooq

airishchowdary
Newly Registered

Post by airishchowdary » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:13 pm

hi frds
i came to the uk a month ago on a student visa.I want to apply a hsmp visa as i have the 75 points. am i allowed to do so or do i need to complete the course to apply for it????

alihatfield

Re: Switch to HSMP from Student, your expert advice required

Post by alihatfield » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:14 pm

savvy_000 wrote:Hello All, I am in need of your advice

I have a few questions before I apply for my FLR HSMP to switch from Student to HSMP, I have got my HSMP approval letter in country. I would like to start by explaining my history here in the UK.

I got my initial entry clearance from India on a student visa to do my masters in a recognized university, commenced studies in oct 2005 and completed in oct 2006 and got my masters degree as well. Enrolled in a college (US affiliated)to do an MBA in Feb 07 which is due to complete end of Jan 08, got my student visa extended till april 08.

Got my HSMP approval letter this November :) and CANT WAIT TO GET THE HSMP stamping so that I could start working full time as there are several offers on the table and the only criteria letting me down is my current student visa status, plus hearing alot abt changes in Jan 08.

Would I have to wait till I finish this mba course or can I go ahead with the FLR as I am already able to produce a Masters Degree certificate completed in Oct 06?

I was working part time but stopped working since july 07(study purpose), Can I included my wifes bank statements as well as she has been working full time on dependent visa?

i currently have the following ready apart from the obvious photos and passports

approval letter
3 mth bank statements for both of us
Masters degree and mark sheet
marriage certificate

Is it necessary that I include a letter from the current college confirming I am a full time student?
I dont mind discontinuing the mba course to get my hsmp sorted as my approval was not based on it, but it was based on my previous Masters degree and earnings

Could any one please answer my questions soon, I would be greatful to you all.

Just to add I didnt leave and re-enter, I hope I have made my situation clear and not confusing with too much of information. Please get back to me soon, many thanks.

Sav
Hi Fellows
I am in the similar situation Instead of master I have done a PGD and Got IGS on that PGD and in one yeartime period of my IGS by the end of this month my gross earning will be 23000 pounds a year and now my IGS is expiring in the end of this months I have done master from pakistan which I check on Naric I can obtain 30 points for that I am going back home in 1st week of april can I apply for HSMP from Pakistan with pakistan qualification and U.K earning .