ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

brainy04

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by brainy04 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:12 am

spiderman123 wrote:Hello Spider man have the same timeline

Apply in 12.05.2015
Further Doc 22.06.2015
2nd Stage since 13.08.2015
Advance Stage since Start Of January

But they send me this Email

Hi,

Your application is currently at an advanced stage of processing. You
should be hearing back from this office over the coming days.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division

so hope next Friday i will have my decision as every one who has the similar time line will get approvals next Friday :)

Hi
When did u recieve this email?

spiderman123
Newly Registered

Post by spiderman123 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:50 am

just 2 days ago on Thursday :)

spiderman123
Newly Registered

Post by spiderman123 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:52 am

brainy04 wrote:

Apply in 12.05.2015
Further Doc 22.06.2015

Hi,

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division

so hope next Friday i will have my decision as every one who has the similar time line will get approvals next Friday :)

Hi
When did u recieve this email?
2 days ago on Thursday :)

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:28 pm

Apply in 12.05.2015
Further Doc 22.06.2015

Hi,

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division

Everyone of you with similar timeline here are all due and should get your approvals in the posts in days to come hopefully. Wish you all good luck in your final wait.

uberneo
Newly Registered

Post by uberneo » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:24 pm

I have got mine approved on 22 Jan 2016 , I had submitted the application in Sep 2015 .

As the next steps I do have few doubts , I hope somebody will be able to help me there.

Approval letter said that they need 3 things --

1) 950 Euros -- No doubt here

2) Garda Card -- So it means if i give them my garda card i will not be able to travel till next citizenship ceremony ? and what after when i get the certificate in ceremony , will i be able to travel using that certificate or will i have to apply for Irish passport first based on that certificate , wait for my irish passport and only then i will be able to travel?
In all these days will my Indian passport be of any use?

3) Original Travel Document (if applicable) - I am not sure which document they are referring to.

Also any info when next citizenship ceremony will happen.

Thanks

mCGIW

Post by mCGIW » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:38 pm

uberneo wrote:I have got mine approved on 22 Jan 2016 , I had submitted the application in Sep 2015 .

As the next steps I do have few doubts , I hope somebody will be able to help me there.

2) Garda Card -- So it means if i give them my garda card i will not be able to travel till next citizenship ceremony ? and what after when i get the certificate in ceremony , will i be able to travel using that certificate or will i have to apply for Irish passport first based on that certificate , wait for my irish passport and only then i will be able to travel?

3) Original Travel Document (if applicable) - I am not sure which document they are referring to.

Thanks
As it's discussed here many times and the experienced people say, you can travel to India with your Indian passport and show your approval letter at the Irish Immigration for entering Ireland. You don't need the Garda card here if you have the approval letter as it is understood that Garda card is submitted for the citizenship. But if your visa on the Indian passport has expired, I don't know if you would be allowed to clear the emigration check while you are leaving India to Ireland even if you show them the approval letter.

Regarding travel document, it's not applicable to you if you don't have one.

uberneo
Newly Registered

Post by uberneo » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:03 pm

Thanks for replying..

I have my visa valid till June so i think i will be fine by then.

I am just not very clear about the next steps here..Below is what I am thinking is going to happen but please correct me.

1) Citizenship ceremony
2) based on certificate Irish Passport - How long does it take to get an Irish passport
3) How do i can cancel my Indian Passport (for how long will it be valid after I got Irish Passport )
4) PIO Card - When should I apply for it.
If in future I want to work in India and want to open a company in India , will i still be able to do this with PIO ?

Any help here will be really appreciable.

Thanks

mCGIW

Post by mCGIW » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:55 pm

uberneo wrote:Thanks for replying..

I have my visa valid till June so i think i will be fine by then.

I am just not very clear about the next steps here..Below is what I am thinking is going to happen but please correct me.

1) Citizenship ceremony
2) based on certificate Irish Passport - How long does it take to get an Irish passport
3) How do i can cancel my Indian Passport (for how long will it be valid after I got Irish Passport )
4) PIO Card - When should I apply for it.
If in future I want to work in India and want to open a company in India , will i still be able to do this with PIO ?

Any help here will be really appreciable.

Thanks
Hi. I have replied in a new thread as I thought it would spam this thread with all the unrelated discussions. The link is below:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... l#p1296595

dhruv87

Post by dhruv87 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:33 am

Hello guys ..i emailed to the eutreaty rights regarding my visa stamp4 eufam which have been expired since 4dec2015. I emailed them in December aswell nd that time they said it may take 14 weeks from the date i applied for visa which have just completed last friday(included Christmas holiday's).
And i emailed them again last friday nd got replied that ..CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ISSUE IN DUE COURSE.
Anyone please have have any idea...kingdom man

cracovia445
Newly Registered

Post by cracovia445 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:32 am

dhruv87 wrote:Hello guys ..i emailed to the eutreaty rights regarding my visa stamp4 eufam which have been expired since 4dec2015. I emailed them in December aswell nd that time they said it may take 14 weeks from the date i applied for visa which have just completed last friday(included Christmas holiday's).
And i emailed them again last friday nd got replied that ..CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ISSUE IN DUE COURSE.

you should have it in few weeks i suppose i applied mine in DEC 14 and after explaining them via email my all travel documents are expiring including my STAMP 4 EU fam and to renew all i require temporary status and i got an email in 2 days on 13 of january which states that my temporary stamp is in post and please renew your passport while your application is in process. i received my temp stamp already.

jani12
Newly Registered

Post by jani12 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:35 am

uberneo - Congratulations for your approval - you are the only person I have seen you had received approval in 2016, all the best.

Is there anyone else in the thread or group who has received approval since Friday ? Keep sharing.

Thanks.

cracovia445
Newly Registered

Post by cracovia445 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:35 am

Did anyone applied in early OCT 15 i hope we will be sorted next month :) i had a look in previous timelines and most of October cases were sorted in feb early march, Best of luck to all and i hope most of us will catch up for the following ceremony.

daddy
Member of Standing

Post by daddy » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:45 am

[quote="uberneo"]I have got mine approved on 22 Jan 2016 , I had submitted the application in Sep 2015 .

Thanks[/quote]

Pls uberneo, did u apply early, middle or late September 2015. Pls could u tell us. We would like to know if they have started to deal with applications submitted in sept. 2015. I applied in same month as u. Thanks

dhruv87

Post by dhruv87 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:10 pm

cracovia445 wrote:
dhruv87 wrote:Hello guys ..i emailed to the eutreaty rights regarding my visa stamp4 eufam which have been expired since 4dec2015. I emailed them in December aswell nd that time they said it may take 14 weeks from the date i applied for visa which have just completed last friday(included Christmas holiday's).

you should have it in few weeks i suppose i applied mine in DEC 14 and after explaining them via email my all travel documents are expiring including my STAMP 4 EU fam and to renew all i require temporary status and i got an email in 2 days on 13 of january which states that my temporary stamp is in post and please renew your passport while your application is in process. i received my temp stamp already.
Thanks bro. For to share ur visa timline nd m surprised that how come u got eufam4 so quick thats so good nd lucky because one guy here(waisoo)have watied 4months nd m in my 4thmonth.anyway as they said due date so i have to wait more because i need to send valid GNIB card to cityzenship as have i applied since july2015.

johnkuffor200
Newly Registered

Post by johnkuffor200 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:41 pm

I applied irish citizenship in january 2015 and was recently contacted by submission department to provide some documents which i have just posted to them.how long will it take to get an approval

cracovia445
Newly Registered

Post by cracovia445 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:57 pm

dhruv87 wrote:
cracovia445 wrote:

Thanks bro. For to share ur visa timline nd m surprised that how come u got eufam4 so quick thats so good nd lucky because one guy here(waisoo)have watied 4months nd m in my 4thmonth.anyway as they said due date so i have to wait more because i need to send valid GNIB card to cityzenship as have i applied since july2015.

very strange that why they are keeping us waiting so long just for temporary stamp any way you need to have solid reason for them to get priority :) hope you will get sorted soon mate. i applied for citizenship in oct 15 and got in to second stage on 14 nov now just waiting on approval :)

dhruv87

Post by dhruv87 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:13 pm

dhruv87 wrote:
cracovia445 wrote:

As i think reason+luck too bro. :) anyway i don't think i have been lucky :) but wt reason should i go for on next email :))

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:41 pm

"CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ISSUE IN DUE COURSE..." I believe you should get a letter approving your visa anytime this week as the email from the department indicates to you. Good luck!

johnkuffor200
Newly Registered

Post by johnkuffor200 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:46 pm

@kingdom man, if the submission department for citizenship write to request for a document which has since been posted to them at that department.how long is it likely to take to get an approval.thanks

dhruv87

Post by dhruv87 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:55 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
"CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ISSUE IN DUE COURSE..." I believe you should get a letter approving your visa anytime this week as the email from the department indicates to you. Good luck!
Hoping the same bro I'll let u know if i been lucky :)

cracovia445
Newly Registered

Post by cracovia445 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:04 pm

@ Kingdom man,

received this email today can you confirm if this is a genuine reply or an automated text? also if anyone got approved after this email how long you were waiting ?

Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing
whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be
submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.

It is recognised that all applicants for citizenship would wish to have a
decision on their application without delay.

As well as being a significant event in the life of the recipient, the
granting of Irish citizenship through naturalisation as provided for in law
is also a major step for the State which confers certain rights and
entitlements not only within the State but also at European Union level and
it is important that appropriate procedures are in place to preserve the
integrity of the process.

Regards

Tony Greene
Citizenship Section

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:12 pm

johnkuffor200 wrote:@kingdom man, if the submission department for citizenship write to request for a document which has since been posted to them at that department.how long is it likely to take to get an approval.thanks
I'll appreciate if you can shed more light on your application like what you're basing it on (5 yr Residency, Marriage or Association) and the kind of documents requested/sent to the submission dept so one can give you some useful and relevant suggestions to our query. Thanks

Peace2804
Newly Registered

Post by Peace2804 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:16 pm

Hi all,

Here is my timeline:

Application date: 04/09/2015
Acknowledgment: 14/09/2015
2nd stage letter: 07/10/2015
Approval: Pending

I applied based on a 5 years residency, I have no issues in terms of speeding or fines, never went to court or anything like that.
I was once involved in a small car accident (no damage to either car and no injuries), there wan't even a scratch on either car but the garda were called, I was unlucky that day I guess, I was driving my partners car and she forgot to put the insurance disc (The car was insured and I was added as a second driver). in addition I forgot to carry my driving licence (I have a full driving licence)
The Garda called the insurance, he made sure I was insured, he took my details and told me he will check my driving licence status on the system, I never heard of him after so I presume that all of this won't have any affect on my application.

Sent an email today for the first time to inquire about the status of my case and got the following answer: "Your application is at an advanced stage and you will be informed of the Ministers decision as expeditiously as possible."

I was hoping for a better status but I think that I should have an answer within the next 4 - 6 weeks or so.
Am I right with my conclusion or am I getting it all wrong?

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:18 pm

cracovia445 wrote:@ Kingdom man,

received this email today can you confirm if this is a genuine reply or an automated text? also if anyone got approved after this email how long you were waiting ?

Regards

Tony Greene
Citizenship Section
This letter/email indicates that the application is still at Second stage (Garda vetting and other dept checks). In my candid opinion, barring any complexity, you may still have to wait for the next 2 - 4 months for an approval. Just my personal opinion and who knows,your wait could be earlier than thought. Good luck!

cracovia445
Newly Registered

Post by cracovia445 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:22 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
cracovia445 wrote:@ Kingdom man,

Regards

Tony Greene
Citizenship Section
This letter/email indicates that the application is still at Second stage (Garda vetting and other dept checks). In my candid opinion, barring any complexity, you may still have to wait for the next 2 - 4 months for an approval. Just my personal opinion and who knows,your wait could be earlier than thought. Good luck!

Thank you for the information provided :)