ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kali_
Newly Registered

Permanent Residence card

Post by kali_ » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:38 am

Hello everyone
I've sent my application to get residence card to HO on 16January
My question is if I get married /We are EU citizens / in that time before I receive letter with decision from HO, should I have to send my certificate and will they send me back my application to do some changes on it, or they will just change my surname automatically on my application. And is that I am gone get married will be problem to get residence card, or is better to wait to get it first and then get married.

Please for your advices
Thank you

noajthan

Re: Permanent Residence card

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:51 pm

kali_ wrote:Hello everyone
I've sent my application to get residence card to HO on 16January
My question is if I get married /We are EU citizens / in that time before I receive letter with decision from HO, should I have to send my certificate and will they send me back my application to do some changes on it, or they will just change my surname automatically on my application. And is that I am gone get married will be problem to get residence card, or is better to wait to get it first and then get married.

Please for your advices
Thank you
The relevant EU Regulations are quite different for a direct family member (spouse) compared to an extended family member (unmarried partner);
that means the whole basis of your PR application will have changed if you do marry whilst your first bundle is being processed.

You will have also signed the following type of undertaking in your first application form:
I confirm that if, before this application is decided, there is a material change in my circumstances or new information relevant to this application becomes available, I will inform the Home Office
Suggest write to HO to explain.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

kali_
Newly Registered

Post by kali_ » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:33 am

Hi
Thank you for your advice.
Will they return my Application because of this changes?
I spoke with them about that, they said there is nothing I have to do, just I can change my last name when I receive back my passport and change the name on it, and then I can change my name on PC...!!!! I hope that adviser which explain me that was right.
Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:18 am

kali_ wrote:Hi
Thank you for your advice.
Will they return my Application because of this changes?
I spoke with them about that, they said there is nothing I have to do, just I can change my last name when I receive back my passport and change the name on it, and then I can change my name on PC...!!!! I hope that adviser which explain me that was right.
Thanks
I'm not sure the advisor is correct as the relevant regulations (for direct compared to extended family members) are quite different.

If your application fails you will have to explain your circumstances have changed in the meantime & see if they will reconsider under the correct regulations.

If you end up with confirmation of PR I suppose your status is confirmed and it doesn't matter so much.

kali_
Newly Registered

Post by kali_ » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:47 am

hi
So, how I understand from you, there is not necessary to do what ever is before I get receive form HO letter with decision, and if everything is ok, I mean I get receive PRC is no matter that I have changed my marriage status. Did I understand you right?
Thanks again for your help

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:23 pm

kali_ wrote:hi
So, how I understand from you, there is not necessary to do what ever is before I get receive form HO letter with decision, and if everything is ok, I mean I get receive PRC is no matter that I have changed my marriage status. Did I understand you right?
Thanks again for your help
Yes, if you get confirmation of PR from this application you can move on to the next level & think about citizenship.

kali_
Newly Registered

Post by kali_ » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:24 pm

Hi
Thank you so much, for your help
Regards

kali_
Newly Registered

AN heed help

Post by kali_ » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:58 pm

Hello Everyone

I have a question about AN application, section 1.3 ( Please say when you were given indefinite leave to enter/ remain in the UK (not necessary if you are a Commonwealth citizen with right of abode in the United Kingdom). If you are an EEA national, a Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national you should read pages 10 to 11 of the Booklet AN.) I read that million times and I am still confused

I am EEA ( from 2007 in EU), which automatically after 5 years I have got permanent residence status. For first time I come in UK 2008 until now. I applied for PR card at January 2016 and I received March 2016, so my question is:

What year I have to wright on that section?
I mean 2012
or from the date I applied for PR card 6 years behind

Please help
Thank you

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:16 pm

Leave it blank as you don't have ILR

kali_
Newly Registered

Post by kali_ » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:22 pm

Are yo sure, about that , I can let it blank and everything will be fine ???

Thank you

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:23 pm

Yes, NCS advised me to do the same :)

kali_
Newly Registered

Post by kali_ » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:31 pm

ok then, I will do how you advised me