ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR applyed on tier 1 Home offe asking last 5 years sa302

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adamsmith

Re: ILR applyed on tier 1 Home offe asking last 5 years sa30

Post by adamsmith » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:58 am

shib123 wrote:A lot of people got their ILR after tax amendment. What you need to do is,

1. Submit online tax return if it is missing from 2011/12 tax year
2. A solid reason, why you / accountant missed to file SA returns
3. What action is done to rectify this or what action you took if it is some others fault
4. Do submit before 31st of January as there could be penalties if you don't submit for 2014/15 before that.
5. Paper returns can take a few months to get it processed, so plan accordingly
Thanks for your prompt reply. I have already submitted my amendment for 2010-2011 tax year. It's been almost a month but I haven't heard anything from HMRC. Do I have to keep pushing them to update? or they do it anyway? I only have 2 more months to apply for ILR.
I have a company and have legitimate income and I am only drawing salary from the company but no dividend taken from the company. Do i have to submit self-assessment for that as well? I spoke to my new accountant he assured me that since i am not taking any dividend from that company i don't have to submit self-assessment.

Thank you very much for your cordial help.

f317633

Post by f317633 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:54 am

adamsmith wrote:
shib123 wrote:A lot of people got their ILR after tax amendment. What you need to do is,

1. Submit online tax return if it is missing from 2011/12 tax year
2. A solid reason, why you / accountant missed to file SA returns
3. What action is done to rectify this or what action you took if it is some others fault
4. Do submit before 31st of January as there could be penalties if you don't submit for 2014/15 before that.
5. Paper returns can take a few months to get it processed, so plan accordingly
Thanks for your prompt reply. I have already submitted my amendment for 2010-2011 tax year. It's been almost a month but I haven't heard anything from HMRC. Do I have to keep pushing them to update? or they do it anyway? I only have 2 more months to apply for ILR.
I have a company and have legitimate income and I am only drawing salary from the company but no dividend taken from the company. Do i have to submit self-assessment for that as well? I spoke to my new accountant he assured me that since i am not taking any dividend from that company i don't have to submit self-assessment.

Thank you very much for your cordial help.
Have they given any deadline by when your amendments will be processed by HMRC? Also submit the SA even if u r not taking dividends. People have reported on this forum that ILR has been deferred or rejected for missing SAs.

Samsaro
Newly Registered

Post by Samsaro » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:35 pm

by adamsmith » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:07 am

Samsaro wrote:
Hi guys,

I am in the same boat as you are. In my case it was a pure human error, the figures submitted to HMRC was wrong. I found it out from SA302 which I have requested them. Immediately I asked my CA to amend my tax, I submitted it to HMRC on 07th Jan, and it is now uploaded in their system on 14th Jan. But as per the HMRC, it would be done only by 04th April. After reading through the posts, that the SA302 will not get updated with the amendment I am more worried. Please can someone advise if they managed to get their ILR done after tax amendment.. please please update.. this will help many people to breath easily.

Regards,
Sam.

Hi Samsaro,
Thanks for the input. So, how long did it take to update? Did u send on 4th January 2016? How do u know if it has been updated? Please please share with us.
I don't know anybody yet to get visa after tax amendment. I promise I will inform u guys as soon as I hear anything from anybody. Please all of u do so as well. We need each other's help. Sometimes I feel helpless now a days. I wouldn't mind paying tax if I was advised accordingly.

Thanks once again. By the way, I haven't heard anything from HMRC yet. I am thinking giving them a call on Monday.Lets see what they say.
@Adamsmith - I posted my paper returns (amendments) on 07th Jan 2016, through special delivery which was received by HMRC by 08th Jan. I called them to confirm if it is scanned & uploaded into their DMS, and I was told that it is uploaded into their system on 14th Jan. As per the guidelines it would be dealt before 04th Apr 2016. So have to be patient until then. Meanwhile if anyone gets any update on your case, please do post here. Your response is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam.

kirankhalil75

Post by kirankhalil75 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:15 pm

Hi Samsaro

Whats difference between post and online ? i mean is online is quickest ?

Samsaro
Newly Registered

Post by Samsaro » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:49 pm

kirankhalil75 wrote:Hi Samsaro

Whats difference between post and online ? i mean is online is quickest ?
You cannot submit online if your returns are older than certain period (I guess if older than YE 2014-15). In my case it was for 2012-13.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:06 pm

This topic/thread will be locked due to the tax discussion continuing to take place on what is, an immigration forum.

Please find a tax forum to discuss your tax/HMRC queries and timelines. This forum is for immigration related applications/question only.

To the original poster, please contact one of the mods when you are ready to discuss your immigration/ILR application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.