ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of home ownership: Online extract or official copy?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cyborg001

Proof of home ownership: Online extract or official copy?

Post by cyborg001 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:56 pm

Hello,

I am trying to get my home ownership documents ready for my FLR(M) application in Feb and have come across some confusing info. regarding the title register to submit as part of my application. I have an official copy (3-4 pages that say "official copy") of the title register and plan given to me back in 2012 by solicitor upon completion of purchase. Will this be accepted even if dated in 2012?

What I have also found out is that the one we download online for £3 from Land Registry site is just an extract from the official copy which says "Neither this extract nor the full copy is an 'Official Copy' of the register". If one wants an official copy then he needs to pay £7 by CHEQUE only to receive one in post!!

So my question is that by experience do UKVI accept this £3 online extract as proof of ownership or require the official version?

Thanks!

cyborg001

Re: Proof of home ownership: Online extract or official copy

Post by cyborg001 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:26 pm

Forgot to add: On the form it asks how many rooms in the house and who else lives there so what proof does one give for that and how to show actual floor plan etc?

Otherwise everyone can just 'lie' and say that it's got X many rooms and no one else lives there. How do the UKVI guys verify actual floor plan and residents in it? :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:27 pm

Your official copy you got in 2012 is fine. HO/UKVI are obviously aware that title deeds can be a few years old. In addition, you can submit an up to date utility bill or council tax.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:40 pm

Thanks CR001. But I am keen out of curiosity to know how do HO verify that the actual number of rooms and other residents stated on form is true? Do people submit a floor plan?

If not then can't people just fib on the form (with the obv risk that if somehow caught then you are toast!)?