ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS appointment today - My experience

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KA941
United Kingdom

NCS appointment today - My experience

Post by KA941 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:59 pm

Hi All,

Had my joint NCS and Passport application today. After all that time of prep, it turned out that the NCS lady didnt like the background of the pictures but she gave me time to get the pictures taken again. Good of her.
The original ones were apparently against the dark grey background instead of light grey. Upon asking about the counter signatory, she said they had received recent instruction which states that pictures dont need to be counter signed anymore if the passport application is done through the local council.
So quickly rushed to the closest shop to get the pictures taken again and this time she was happy with the background.
However I am little confused as now looking at the picture again, the background looks white instead of light grey and cream as described in the guidance, and I was wondering

1) if anyone knew what could be the consequence if the background turns out to be unacceptable
2) Can someone confirm if someone heard/seen what the lady claimed about not getting the passport photo counter signed.

Many thanks
KA941

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: NCS appointment today - My experience

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:38 pm

I've seen one forum member here mention that they were told the same as you and in addition to that they were also told that the passport application form need not be countersigned. You may want to search this forum to find that topic. It appears different councils have been given different instructions around this area of the passport application process.

With regards to the background colour of the passport photos, from memory I believe mine were against a white background as well. I can't remember the precise wording in the photo guidance though. My application was approved. Awaiting passport at the moment. So based on that I'd say you don't have to worry. I remember the NCS advisor actually using a photo sizing template to verify that the photos I provided met the measurement stated, I asked her whether anything was the matter, and she explained that she was just double checking as the size of my face appeared slightly larger than normal in the photos. But it was all good in the end. I had a very efficient & meticulous NCS advisor. :)

KA941
United Kingdom

Post by KA941 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:28 pm

Many thanks for taking time to reply. It is slightly comforting to see someone else approved with a similar picture background.
I shall search the forum for counter signatory.
Thanks again
KA941

narsii

Post by narsii » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:49 pm

Hi ,

Today I applied for my Naturalisation and Passport at Wandsworth NCS.

My appointment was at 3:00 and I reached there by 2:45 . Since No one was waiting in the room , the counsellor asked if I can come in .

Below are the interesting things :
My AN application was fine but I made some mistakes in the passport application and photographs .
1.As per guidance I wrote My name and DOB on 2 photographs and other photograph was signed by referee . He wanted a photo which was empty /not written anything on the rear side of the photo graph . When asked , He told HO will add some reference info on them while processing .

The counsellor was kind enough to spare me some time and asked if I can get a new set of photographs .I went to the post office next door and got the photos.( I knew that there is no requirement for the referees to sign the passport form , and photos I enquired it with Kent Council) .

2.I wrote my mobile number in section 2 , and wrote my fathers name in blue ink instead of black ( all other fields were written in black) .
By the time I was back with new photos , he had the new passport application filled and was waiting for my return .

Had problem with my long name which doesn't fit in the space provided in the application form , He called HO/HMPO to find out the solution and was asked to write my full name on a separate sheet and attach it to the form . He explained me that my name will not be printed in full on the passport and there will be an observation written about this in the passport .

Once I signed the application , He asked some questions about my eligibility criteria , Like > 18YO, sound health etc .when He asked me about breach of Immigration laws, I told that my tier-1 ext was refused in 2012 and had to appeal in Tribunal and won. He immediately call HO to confirm if I was in breach of law and found out that I was not in any breach .

Due to the issue with the photos , I missed todays post ( My application will be sent to HO tomorrow ) .

NB : Any one attending Wandsworth note that Combined applications will only processed between 9:00AM and 3:00 PM . No more joint applications after that .If you are attending appointment at 3:00 make sure that you are right on target , No issues with application . Else application will be posted next day .

Let me know if any one needs any other info .

Regards ,
Narsii

KA941
United Kingdom

Post by KA941 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:00 pm

Thanks for sharing your detailed experience...mine was also quite similar.
So am I correct to assume that your new set of photos were not countersigned as well like mine?
Thanks

narsii

Post by narsii » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:02 pm

Yes ,They were not counter signed . Further ,The requirement was changed las Thursday ( I believe) and we are the first to see this change ( in this forum) .
Regards,
Narsii

KA941
United Kingdom

Post by KA941 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:54 pm

narsii wrote:Yes ,They were not counter signed . Further ,The requirement was changed las Thursday ( I believe) and we are the first to see this change ( in this forum) .
Regards,
Narsii
Perfect. Thanks yes last Thursday rings a bell and thats what she mentioned as well

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:19 pm

KA941 wrote:
narsii wrote:Yes ,They were not counter signed . Further ,The requirement was changed las Thursday ( I believe) and we are the first to see this change ( in this forum) .
Regards,
Narsii
Perfect. Thanks yes last Thursday rings a bell and thats what she mentioned as well
It looks like they are refining the way they process passport applications made through the combined AN + Passport pilot scheme. This latest information will help others applying through this scheme, so will link it to the pilot scheme topic discussion that was started several months ago.

KA941
United Kingdom

Post by KA941 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:50 pm

That will be great. Hopefully will help others

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:03 pm

Thanks for sharing your experiences... looks like HO are streamlining this process.