ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residence after retained right of residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ash28487
Newly Registered

Permanent residence after retained right of residence

Post by Ash28487 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:09 am

Hi everyone,
I will be great help if you can clarify the following please.

Time line-
Date of marriage 30-01-2011
Date first residence card issued - 08-06-2011
Divorced - 03-12-2014
Date retained right of residence was issued - 23-06-2015

1) So can I apply for PR after 5 years from the date of marriage with EEA national Or the date the from the first residence card as a family member of eea national was issued ?

2) I received a letter from HO which states that I have retained the right of residence, It mentions something about Comprehensive Sickness Insurance, I am full time employed and my Ex was full time employed throughout marriage and after divorce. Do i need CSI as it is not clear if is only for students and self sufficient person... or does employed individual need CSI to apply for PR?

3) I understand that since i have acquired Retained right of residence than on applying for PR i will only need to submit documents to prove that i have lived in the uk after divorce , Do i need to show any documents from my ex wife?

I would appreciate if someone can advice or share their experience.

Regards
Ash

noajthan

Re: Permanent residence after retained right of residence

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:04 pm

Ash28487 wrote:Hi everyone,
I will be great help if you can clarify the following please.

Time line-
Date of marriage 30-01-2011
Date first residence card issued - 08-06-2011
Divorced - 03-12-2014
Date retained right of residence was issued - 23-06-2015

1) So can I apply for PR after 5 years from the date of marriage with EEA national Or the date the from the first residence card as a family member of eea national was issued ?

2) I received a letter from HO which states that I have retained the right of residence, It mentions something about Comprehensive Sickness Insurance, I am full time employed and my Ex was full time employed throughout marriage and after divorce. Do i need CSI as it is not clear if is only for students and self sufficient person... or does employed individual need CSI to apply for PR?

3) I understand that since i have acquired Retained right of residence than on applying for PR i will only need to submit documents to prove that i have lived in the uk after divorce , Do i need to show any documents from my ex wife?

I would appreciate if someone can advice or share their experience.

Regards
Ash
1) Similar question, may help you:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 01702.html

2) CSI is not required if the qualified person is a worker or self-employed;
CSI is only required for qualified persons/dependents in categories of students, self-sufficient persons.

3) Not sure. See some responses in link in 1
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Ash28487
Newly Registered

Post by Ash28487 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:55 pm

Hi noajthan ,

Thanks for you reply and also for directing me to the link below.

After doing a some research I believe that I can apply for PR after completing 5 years from the date of marriage. Also in the Guidance Notes on the UKBA website for PR it states under ROR section that " If you already have a registration certificate or residence card on the basis of a retained right of
residence, you do not need to submit evidence of residence before the relevant date(being the date of divorce) . However,
you must show that you have lived in the UK in accordance with the Regulations since you were
last issued with a registration certificate or residence card, and have completed 5 years’
continuous legal residence in the UK. "

I am going to apply for PR by the end of Feb and i will post my experience and time line once it is done.

Thanks Again,
Ash

myth_w
Newly Registered

Post by myth_w » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:04 am

Thanks Ash for sharing your experience.
good Luck with PR.
is there anyone to answer my Question?
5 years continuous Residence means,5 years working?
i mean i have only started working after a year of my marriage as i don't think i was allowed to work.
so by the end of my 5years of marriage my work history will be only 4 years.
would that count towards 5 years continuous residence or i will have to complete 5 years of work.
thanks
waqas

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:45 pm

The most important point is whether your wife was exercising her treaty right during the year in question as that what really count not your employment history and also you can proof that you're in the UK during that your first year of marriage if you married in United Kingdom .

As you said you didn't work you may want to get very concrete paper work like bills and letter from your GP in both of your name you should be fine .

Good luck.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

myth_w
Newly Registered

Post by myth_w » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:48 am

thanks a lot wise

MD Islam
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by MD Islam » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:04 am

Hi Ash, did u apply for ur permanent residency in due time? plz share ur experience. I m in same situation and confused about the 5 years when its starts?? date of marriage or date of resident card issued.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:25 am

MD Islam wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:04 am
Hi Ash, did u apply for ur permanent residency in due time? plz share ur experience. I m in same situation and confused about the 5 years when its starts?? date of marriage or date of resident card issued.
Date of marriage.

Please also kindly refrain from digging up topics that are more than a year old. Start your own topic with your questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.