ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) - Form Completion

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wooders
Newly Registered

FLR (M) - Form Completion

Post by Wooders » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:25 pm

I have a small query in order to clarify a part of the above form I am completing just now.
On Section 2 page 11; Section 2.1, I am happy with seleting the first box relating to 'Spouse of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document.'
However, I am not sure what to select in section 2.2 and 2.3.
My wife was given a marriage visa to be with me in 2013 and this is now due to expire next month. We are on the 5 year route and this FLR(M) is the first time we are applying for an extension to the original visa. As a result I was going to select 'Yes' in section 2.2.
In section 2.3 I was going to select the first option ie 'First period of leave to remain........' However I am wondering if the second option should be selected ie 'Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain)'? I am thinking it should be the first option.
Can someone please help in answering the points above re Sections 2.2 and 2.3?
Many thanks

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) - Form Completion

Post by michali » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:53 pm

2.2 NO as this is not the first time she applied for a visa as a spouse.
2.3 YES as this is the first time she is applying for an extension if she came in on a spousal visa valid for thirty three months. She was initially given leave to enter.

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:30 pm

And I am guessing that for any first time applicants switching to a spouse visa IN-COUNTRY from any other category (e.g. Tier 2) would select YES for 2.2 and "You are making a first application from within the UK but have not previously had leave to enter/remain as a partner." for 2.3?

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:25 pm

Any thoughts on my above query please?