ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

India travel

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ds2013
Newly Registered

India travel

Post by ds2013 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:18 pm

Hi
I was on tier 1 visa and got my ILR few months ago. My daughter is still having tier 1 dependent visa. We have now applied for her British naturalization as she is born in UK. But it takes few months for naturalization process and then British passport. In the meantime if we travel to India can she travel on tier 1 dependent visa but I am not on tier 1 any more. Will it be a problem for her while entering UK. Any advise will help.

erdogan1

Re: India travel

Post by erdogan1 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:26 am

I might be wrong but I thought your child would need ILR or ILE first....

But if not , then you need to be applying to register her as a BC if neither parent had settled status in the uk before the birth- regardless of being born here or not - but have now gotten settled status ( ie, ILR)after the birth...

await for more expertise please

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:48 am

ds2013 wrote:Hi
I was on tier 1 visa and got my ILR few months ago. My daughter is still having tier 1 dependent visa. We have now applied for her British naturalization as she is born in UK. But it takes few months for naturalization process and then British passport. In the meantime if we travel to India can she travel on tier 1 dependent visa but I am not on tier 1 any more. Will it be a problem for her while entering UK. Any advise will help.
She can travel as long as she has a valid visa to return to the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:50 am

erdogan1 wrote:I might be wrong but I thought your child would need ILR or ILE first....

But if not , then you need to be applying to register her as a BC if neither parent had settled status in the uk before the birth- regardless of being born here or not - but have now gotten settled status ( ie, ILR)after the birth...

await for more expertise please
Children born in the UK do not require ILR or a valid visa to register as British under section 1(3) of the nationality act. They are entitled to register.

Children born abroad DO need ILR before they can register and can only register if the parent(s) are applying to naturalise at the same time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

erdogan1

Post by erdogan1 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:51 pm

That's right - thanks for clearing that up CR001