ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding Tier(2) General visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

soni86
Newly Registered

Query regarding Tier(2) General visa

Post by soni86 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:01 pm

Hello Friends,

I am here on a Tier(4) student visa doing Masters in Computer Science. My student visa is going to end in Sept 2016. I currently work 20 hours in a restaurant and that restaurant is on approved sponsor list. They can actually give me a full time job after completion of my studies.

Do I need to find a job related to my degree for Tier(2) general visa Or i can take up a full time job of £22,000 and can work in that restaurant?

sruthigl
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Query regarding Tier(2) General visa

Post by sruthigl » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:59 am

soni86 wrote:Hello Friends,

I am here on a Tier(4) student visa doing Masters in Computer Science. My student visa is going to end in Sept 2016. I currently work 20 hours in a restaurant and that restaurant is on approved sponsor list. They can actually give me a full time job after completion of my studies.

Do I need to find a job related to my degree for Tier(2) general visa Or i can take up a full time job of £22,000 and can work in that restaurant?
As per this document https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/switch-to-this-visa
You must have got your qualification at a UK recognized body or an institution that has a Tier 4 sponsor licence. I guess the Salary doesn't matter but its safer to get a job that's more rewarding

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Query regarding Tier(2) General visa

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:24 am

What is the job role the restaurant is proposing you are going to do?
Does it truly meet the NQF 6 requirement..... I would very much doubt it....