ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC evaluation on European PhD degrees for Tier 2 Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bluebit
Newly Registered

NARIC evaluation on European PhD degrees for Tier 2 Visa

Post by bluebit » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:39 am

Hi,
One of the requirement for the issuing successfully the Restricted Tier 2 UK visa is 10 points for English Language. I graduated PhD in Spain on 2015 and I submitted the official degree + A letter to verify my study was in English + PhD defense grade to UK NARIC for the "English Language Assessment" to be equal to at least CEFR C1 level.

Is thee any experience similar to my case? I mean, evaluating PhD and/or MSc degree obtained from one the European countries by the UK NARIC in order to be equal to at least CEFR C1 level?

vlasa
Newly Registered

Re: NARIC evaluation on European PhD degrees for Tier 2 Visa

Post by vlasa » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:39 pm

Hi,
I have the same situation (need Tier 2 General visa, PhD degree from Spain), so wondering have you succeeded? Is it possible to get CEFR C1 level from NARIC? The problem is that point-based calculator gives me 0 points for English language, which means that I should either take a IELTS test, or use other way to prove it.