ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switch to new employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kumara10
Newly Registered

switch to new employer

Post by kumara10 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:05 pm

Hi,

I am from India and having the Tier-2 ICT short-term visa from mid of Aug 15 to till end of May 2016. But my current assignation with my current employer is till end of March 2016.

I am looking for new jobs in UK. Is there any way that I can switch to new employer and what type of VISA is required?

Thanks in advance

abhi1146
Newly Registered

Re: switch to new employer

Post by abhi1146 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:51 pm

You will need to get Tier 2 General for which you need to serve a cooling off period of 12 months outside UK. Alternate options are to become a Tier 2 dependent if your spouse (if you are married) gets sponsored on his/her own rights.

kumara10
Newly Registered

Post by kumara10 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:10 pm

Thanks Abhi for info,

Could you please let me know, what type of VISA do I need,If I want to work in Europe countries like France and Germany etc. Any cooling off periods? I will be great help if you explain the procedure as well.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:19 pm

kumara10 wrote:Thanks Abhi for info,

Could you please let me know, what type of VISA do I need,If I want to work in Europe countries like France and Germany etc. Any cooling off periods? I will be great help if you explain the procedure as well.
Local work permits for each EU state unless the elusive Blue Card system is up and running?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....