ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Holidya Visa refused

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

impactcrew

Holidya Visa refused

Post by impactcrew » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:25 pm

Hello,

First off all what a great site and thanks to all the helpful people on this site and I have tried searching for this answer on the board but unable to find it so hence reason for new thread - it this already exists then sorry to have wasted mods/admin time nad move or delete thread as appropriate.

My query is the following:

My cousin has applied for a holiday visa to the uk along with his wife and that has been refused on the grounds that his uk sponsor is not a blood relation/first cousin so therefore can not act as a sponsor - What i wanted to know is I think there is no right to appeal but can this application be resubmitted using a new uk sponsor and if so how do I go about setting this in motion.

Thanks in advance for yr advice and look foward to the replies. If need be please feel free to Pm me. I have 28 days from the date of the appeal which was 19th November 2007 to decide whether to appeal or not.

Hope this is clear if not please ask and I will try and give more information.

Regards
Mukul

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:12 pm

The cousin can sponsor, but it won't be a family visit visa, so will carry no right of appeal.

What were the other reasons for refusal? Can you post the whole refusal.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

impactcrew

Post by impactcrew » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:16 pm

VictoriaS wrote:The cousin can sponsor, but it won't be a family visit visa, so will carry no right of appeal.

What were the other reasons for refusal? Can you post the whole refusal.

Victoria
Thanks for yr reply Victoria!

The judge at the appeal ruled that the person who was on the form as the original sponsor in the Uk can not be a sponsor as he is not the first cousin/blood cousin of the appealant. The appealant is looking to visit the Uk on his own merits and using his own money for flights/spending etc but his uk sponsor will provide the accomodation and that is all. Another reason for refusal ws they did not belive the income he showed himself to be earning from his building suplies business in Bangladesh and said this was a balance of probabilities. My query is the balance of probabilities can be argued but how do I go about now becoming the new uk sponsor for my cousin as i am blood. Can we apply to the appeals commission asking them to quash the original application and start new or should we just ignore the current application and re-apply?

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:33 pm

As I said in my PM, I need to see the actual statement.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

impactcrew

Post by impactcrew » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:51 pm

VictoriaS wrote:As I said in my PM, I need to see the actual statement.

Victoria
Thanks Victoria and I will type the letter of refusal in a pm too u tonight as i am at work at the moment and don't have the letter to hand.

Thanks to all for assistance.