ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries about OCI

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arpit.tayal

Queries about OCI

Post by arpit.tayal » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:58 am

Hello all,

Few queries on my OCI application-

Current situation: Was born in India--> naturalized and got British passport --> Surrendered Indian passport and obtained surrender certificate.

1. Is surrender certificate sufficient proof of Indian origin?

2. I understand that we need to submit the 2 special delivery envelopes. What original documents are to be submitted on first occasion at VFS?

3. What original documents are to be submitted to VFS on 2nd occasion when your OCI is processed ? Is it just the British passport?

4. For "Documents Upload" , I see in the drop down list there are many options, e.g. "current passport", "Indian Origin proof", "Indian visa", "PIO Card", "Spouse OCI Card", "Relationship Certificate", "Marriage Certificate".) Which options I need to select from above drop down list to upload my documents as per the requirements ? What documents I need to upload when I select various options from drop down list?

Please advise.

Regards,
Arpit

vishpb35

Re: Queries about OCI

Post by vishpb35 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:00 pm

arpit.tayal wrote:Hello all,

Few queries on my OCI application-

Current situation: Was born in India--> naturalized and got British passport --> Surrendered Indian passport and obtained surrender certificate.

1. Is surrender certificate sufficient proof of Indian origin?
>>>Vfs will take both originals of surrender cert and naturalisation cert. U might need to upload surrender and passport as single pdf online
2. I understand that we need to submit the 2 special delivery envelopes. What original documents are to be submitted on first occasion at VFS? >>>See point 1 above

3. What original documents are to be submitted to VFS on 2nd occasion when your OCI is processed ? Is it just the British passport?
>>>>British passport, plus u will get instructions from vfs like some declaration submitting brit passport etc. Plus same special delivery env that was barcoded during first occasion. 1 Sd is kept for cert return and another is returned to u to bring next time . Both are barcoded/stamped.

4. For "Documents Upload" , I see in the drop down list there are many options, e.g. "current passport", "Indian Origin proof", "Indian visa", "PIO Card", "Spouse OCI Card", "Relationship Certificate", "Marriage Certificate".) Which options I need to select from above drop down list to upload my documents as per the requirements ? What documents I need to upload when I select various options from drop down list?
>>current passport, proof of indian origin(surrender/ind passport)
Please advise.

Regards,
Arpit
My response starting >>>

arpit.tayal

Re: Queries about OCI

Post by arpit.tayal » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:55 am

Dear all,

My journey with this forum has been amazing...

Tier-2 ICT--> multiple extensions--> ILR--> Naturalization --> British Passport --> Surrender of Indian Passport --> OCI. The forum was very helpful throughout and a one-stop for all queries!

OCI Timeline:
Applicant Name XXXXXXXXX
File Acknowledgment Number XXXXXXXXX
Date Of Acknowledgment 10-FEB-2016
Registration Status at Mission LONDON
OCI- Number XXXXXX
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 02-MAR-2016
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 04-MAR-2016
Document received At LONDON On 04-MAR-2016

Cheers!