ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependent Financial Requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pradkpm
Newly Registered

ILR Dependent Financial Requirement

Post by pradkpm » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:36 am

Hello Admins/Gurus,

I have a query on applying for ILR dependent visa from India and need you help in getting to a solution please.

I got my ILR in March'15 and I moved to India in April'15 for personal reasons. While in India I was working for an Indian firm and am traveling back to UK in Feb on a new assignment for the same firm.

Here I wanted to know that to apply for a dependent visa for my spouse, do I need to show that I have received 18K GBP as salary in the past one year or will my Deputation letter stating my Gross annual income of 30K suffice this condition please?

If it has to be 18K GBP already received, can I add my Indian Salary and the UK salary to get to this 18K GBP requirement please?

Regards,
Prad

pradkpm
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Dependent Financial Requirement

Post by pradkpm » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:53 pm

Hi,

While going through the document "Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_August_2015", came across the section "Category A: With current employer for 6 months or more – overseas sponsor returning to the UK"

Here I was wondering if there is multiplication factor/uplift factor that we can use on the Indian salary to get to the 18.6K GBP criteria, just like we had for Tier 1 visa earlier please?

Please clarify.

Regards,
Prad

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:02 am

Indian income will be considered as long as it is the ££ equivalent and you have a letter confirming employment in the UK for when you return.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pradkpm
Newly Registered

Post by pradkpm » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:11 pm

Thanks for the quick response. But sorry I didn’t quite get you on the ££ equivalent.

Do you mean the below calculation?
1 Lakh rupees equivalent in £ would be approx. 1000 (based on the exchange rate at the time of conversion)

Will there be no uplift factor applied to this conversion please?

The reason I ask is because I have a total of 17K £ in the last 12 months if I go by the above assumption.
9.5K £ (UK salary) + 7.5K £ (Indian equivalent in £) = 17K £

So was wondering if I can apply an uplift factor, then I’ll be eligible to apply for dependent visa for my dependents.
Else I have to wait for 6 months to apply visa for my dependents

You response is much appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
Prad

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:23 pm

HO use their own exchange rate and as far as I am aware the exchange rate they use is slightly higher than the norm.

You need to absolutely meet the requirement. If you do not, the application will be refused.

Not sure what you mean by 'uplift factor'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pradkpm
Newly Registered

Post by pradkpm » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:02 am

Thank you very much for your input.

I got my family on visitors visa to the UK till i am eligible to apply for a family visa for them.

Regards,
Pradeep

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:42 am

You are aware that they will have to return to their home country to apply for their dependent visas? You only appear to have mentioned your spouse in your opening post in their thread, but later you've referred to dependents in the plural. How many in your family are applying?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

pradkpm
Newly Registered

Post by pradkpm » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:38 pm

Hello Casa,

Thanks, Yes I'm aware that they have to travel back to apply for their actual dependent visa.
It is actually for my wife and my 1 year old.

But I have a question for you on applying for MN1 for my son please.
To give you a bit of background.. He was born in the UK but we had to go back to India just after 2 months he was born. I had applied for MN1 back then and they asked for the Biometrics of my son. Unfortunately we were in India at that time and there was no option to give the Biometrics from India.

So my query to you is, can I apply for my Son's MN1 now when he is in the UK please?

Regards,
Pradeep

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:37 am

So my query to you is, can I apply for my Son's MN1 now when he is in the UK please?
Yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:34 am

pradkpm wrote:can I apply for my Son's MN1 now when he is in the UK please?
If your one year old child is not a British citizen, the financial requirement is £22,400 (wife+1 child).

So, it is in your interests to get your child's MN1 processed, get the registration and then apply for your wife's ILR.

It would be better if you state all this information in your initial post. Gradually unravelling information only increases the possibility that the initial advice is incorrect.

I believe that CR001's advice on the lack of uplift is correct. The uplift may have applied to your initial T1G application, but not to subsequent applications.

Apart from proving past income, I believe that there is also a requirement to meet future salary requirements. You may need a letter from your employer stating that you will earn atleast £18,600/£22,400 in the future as well.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

pradkpm
Newly Registered

Post by pradkpm » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:10 am

Hello Simon and CR001,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.. yes i'll get a letter from my employer for the future salary of 22K.
Also from next time onwards I'll make sure I have given you guys the full/detailed info at the first go.

But sorry in this instance I didn't quite get whether I can apply for my son's MN1 while he is in the UK and then apply for my wife's dependent ILR, after she goes back to India.
Or should I apply for dependent ILR visa for my Wife and Son both after they go back to India after 4-6 months please.

Regards,
prad

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:38 am

CR001 wrote:
Yes
Did you miss my comment above?

If your wife returns to home country, yes, she can apply for a spouse visa if she meets all the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

pradkpm
Newly Registered

Post by pradkpm » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:35 pm

Hi CR001,

Thank you very much for your valuable inputs.

Regards,
Prad