ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit Query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

decentguy_uk

Work Permit Query

Post by decentguy_uk » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:27 pm

Hi

I have been living in UK from last 7 years (4 years on student visa and 3 years on work permit). My work permit is for 5 years thus it will expire in next 2 years time

My questions are:
1. Can I apply for permanent residency NOW instead of 2009 (2009 is when my 5 years of work permit finishes) ?
2. Can a work permit holder do contracting instead of doing a permanent employment? Although I am happy with my current employment, I just want to know if I can branch out in contracting.

If my questions are not clear, please do ask.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:32 pm

No to both questions I'm afraid.

If you want to contract, you need to switch to the HSMP.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

teekay_tk

Post by teekay_tk » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:32 pm

in my view the answer to both your questins is no.

i think in workpermit you cannot work for any one else other than the empoyer stated on your workpermit
and

you can apply for indefenite leave to remain only after your 5 year period is over and you are still needed by your comany i.e in 2009

regards

TK