ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zsk_747
Ireland

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by zsk_747 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:41 pm

delad wrote:
zsk_747 wrote:I have been told today on phone that there will be a small ceremony in Waterford on 4th March 2016. I will be invited in this coming ceremony over coming weeks by post. Hope everyone will get the chance in this coming ceremony.
Congratulations everyone. :D I sincerely pray that those expecting will get theirs soon
@zsk_747 You have been very lucky getting though as I have been trying to no avail.I must say it is really hard getting through :cry: please could you confirm if I have the right no: '062 32500'.
@Delad thanks for comments and you are right this one is the correct number and if you are trying to ring them then i will advise you to ring them just after the phone line will open then you will be able to connect with them otherwise it will take long to connect with them. Hope this information will help you.....Best of luck

vijayv
Newly Registered

Post by vijayv » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:41 pm

Hello,

I received a letter from further processing team that my application for naturalization is approved. The conversations on application progress have been very helpful - thanks.

Timeline:
Submission - Sep 4 2015
Second stage letter - Oct 8
Approval - Jan 22 2016.
Nationality - Indian
naturalization based on 5 years with greencard

I have been asked to submit 950 Euros and GNIB; I understand that this is regular procedure.

1. Additionally, I have also been asked to submit original travel document (if applicable). Can anyone tell me what are the allowed travel documents besides passport. I will not be submitting my passport.
2. I frequently travel out of Ireland to EU for work reasons, and I will be traveling over the next few months. If I submit my GNIB, can I travel out of Ireland or is it forbidden? are there ways around traveling without GNIB card and does Garda at airport accept immigration without GNIB card?

Any information would be very helpful.

Vijay

spiderman123
Newly Registered

Post by spiderman123 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:42 pm

Yes that will be great

No Problem

mCGIW

Post by mCGIW » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:06 pm

vijayv wrote:Hello,

I received a letter from further processing team that my application for naturalization is approved. The conversations on application progress have been very helpful - thanks.

Timeline:
Submission - Sep 4 2015
Approval - Jan 22 2016.
Nationality - Indian

I have been asked to submit 950 Euros and GNIB; I understand that this is regular procedure.

1. Additionally, I have also been asked to submit original travel document (if applicable). Can anyone tell me what are the allowed travel documents besides passport. I will not be submitting my passport.
2. I frequently travel out of Ireland to EU for work reasons, and I will be traveling over the next few months. If I submit my GNIB, can I travel out of Ireland or is it forbidden? are there ways around traveling without GNIB card and does Garda at airport accept immigration without GNIB card?

Vijay
With all the information that can be obtained from the discussion in this forum, the following can be presumed. You don't need to submit the travel document if you don't have one. You would have your Indian passport with you till you renounce your citizenship subsequent to getting your Irish Passport. You can travel with that Indian Passport and while entering Ireland back, you can show your approval letter/naturalisation certificate so that you wouldn't have any issue passing immigration.

Peace2804
Newly Registered

Post by Peace2804 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:36 pm

Peace2804 wrote:Hi all,

Here is my timeline:

Application date: 04/09/2015
Acknowledgment: 14/09/2015
2nd stage letter: 07/10/2015
Approval: Pending

I applied based on a 5 years residency, I have no issues in terms of speeding or fines, never went to court or anything like that.

Sent an email today for the first time to inquire about the status of my case and got the following answer: "Your application is at an advanced stage and you will be informed of the Ministers decision as expeditiously as possible."

I was hoping for a better status but I think that I should have an answer within the next 4 - 6 weeks or so.
Am I right with my conclusion or am I getting it all wrong?
Good news guys, Approval letter received today.....funnily enough it's dated the 25/01/2015 which is the same date at which I inquired about my status and was told it's at an advanced stage.

Best of luck to all those who are still waiting and hopefully you will all hear good news very very soon :D .

green2016

Post by green2016 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:28 pm

Hi

did any one applied in Nov 2015 and got approval ?

Thank you

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:33 am

green2016 wrote:Hi

Thank you
People who got approvals are mostly people who applied between May & Sept 2015. I have also observed that majority have their applications approved within 4 months of applying, therefore, barring any complexity with their application, those who applied in November 2015 should look forward to getting their approvals in March/April 2016. Just my personal opinion.
Last edited by KingdomMan on Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:36 am

Peace2804 wrote:
Peace2804 wrote:Hi all,

Here is my timeline:

Application date: 04/09/2015
Acknowledgment: 14/09/2015
2nd stage letter: 07/10/2015
Approval: Pending

I applied based on a 5 years residency, I have no issues in terms of speeding or fines, never went to court or anything like that.

Sent an email today for the first time to inquire about the status of my case and got the following answer: "Your application is at an advanced stage and you will be informed of the Ministers decision as expeditiously as possible."

I was hoping for a better status but I think that I should have an answer within the next 4 - 6 weeks or so.
Am I right with my conclusion or am I getting it all wrong?
Good news guys, Approval letter received today.....funnily enough it's dated the 25/01/2015 which is the same date at which I inquired about my status and was told it's at an advanced stage.

Best of luck to all those who are still waiting and hopefully you will all hear good news very very soon :D .
Happy for you.. Congratulations!

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:44 am

vijayv wrote:Hello,

Timeline:
Submission - Sep 4 2015
Approval - Jan 22 2016.
Nationality - Indian

Vijay
Congrats man! A Travel document is only issued to a person with a refugee status so in your own case, this is not applicable to you. You only need to pay the fee and submit your GNIB card but ensure you have/keep photocopies of your GNIB card and approval letter to ease your travels before applying and getting your Irish passport. Best of luck.

green2016

Post by green2016 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:32 am

KingdomMan wrote:

Thank you
People who got approvals are mostly people who applied between May & Sept 2015. I have also observed that majority have their applications approved within 4 months of applying, therefore, barring any complexity with their application, those who applied in November 2015 should look forward to getting their approvals in March/April 2016. Just my personal opinion.
Hi kingdomman

What is advanced stage of processing, is garda vetting completed

Thank you

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:19 am

green2016 wrote:
KingdomMan wrote:

Thank you
Hi kingdomman

What is advanced stage of processing, is garda vetting completed

Thank you
Yes, Garda vetting completed and 'Advance Stage' is when application is in the final process of being approved by the minister.

green2016

Post by green2016 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:33 am

Thank you[/quote]
Yes, Garda vetting completed and 'Advance Stage' is when application is in the final process of being approved by the minister.[/quote]

Hi

Thank you for your reply

hidoho345
Newly Registered

Post by hidoho345 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:35 am

:D :D :D
Got my naturalisation letter to become an Irish Citizen!
Over the moon!

My timeline:
Submitted July 6th 2015
Approved Jan 19th 2016

Any updates as to when the next ceremony will be? I spoke to the justice dept last week around the 22nd Jan and they said there have been no dates set but indicated it would be completed my May. So March/April im guessing!
Also what happens if your stamp 4 visa runs out before the ceremony? Do I need to have this renewed/extended? Justice department advised me to contact immigration which I have done and am still awaiting a response.

Congrats to all the new citizens of Ireland, WE ARE officially IRISH NOW! CUE irish dancing :lol:

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:17 pm

hidoho345 wrote::D :D :D
Over the moon!

My timeline:
Submitted July 6th 2015
Approved Jan 19th 2016

Any updates as to when the next ceremony will be? I spoke to the justice dept last week around the 22nd Jan and they said there have been no dates set but indicated it would be completed my May. So March/April im guessing!
Also what happens if your stamp 4 visa runs out before the ceremony? Do I need to have this renewed/extended? Justice department advised me to contact immigration which I have done and am still awaiting a response.

Congrats to all the new citizens of Ireland, WE ARE officially IRISH NOW! CUE irish dancing :lol:
Congrats! As to your questions, the next citizenship ceremony comes up this 4th of March 2016. Once you've paid the fee and submitted your GNIB card to the Citizenship department of INIS, you do not have to worry about renewing your stamp 4 visa again. TO BE EXTENDED AN INVITATION TO THE COMING CEREMONY IN MARCH, ENSURE YOU PAY THE FEE AND SUBMIT YOUR GNIB CARD ASAP AND ONCE IT'S DONE, NO NEED FOR RENEWAL OF YOUR VISA ANYMORE!

vijayv
Newly Registered

Post by vijayv » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:18 pm

Thanks mCGIW and Kingdom Man for useful info.
BR

Ludmir67
Newly Registered

Post by Ludmir67 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:44 pm

Hi all,
I got my approval letter yesterday so happy, but now I wish the invitation for Citizenship Ceremony will come soon too!! I have sent my fee and GNIB card back to them today.
Does anyone think I will get an invitiation to the ceremony in Waterford if it happens on 4th March?

Here is my timeline with application based on spouse of Irish Citizen:
Poseted Application 21/09/2015
Acknowledged 2/10/2015
2nd Letter 29/10/2015
Approval 28/01/2016

Hope everyone else gets their approval soon
Good Luck!!!!

green2016

Post by green2016 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:14 pm

Hi kingdom man

could you please send me email to xxxxxxxxx , I just need to ask something , I can't post message in boards please

Thank you

Note As this is a public forum, I have removed all personal identifying details from your post so as to maintain your privacy & security.

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Last edited by noajthan on Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed contact details

hidoho345
Newly Registered

Post by hidoho345 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:51 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
Over the moon!

My timeline:
Submitted July 6th 2015
Approved Jan 19th 2016

Congrats! As to your questions, the next citizenship ceremony comes up this 4th of March 2016. Once you've paid the fee and submitted your GNIB card to the Citizenship department of INIS, you do not have to worry about renewing your stamp 4 visa again. TO BE EXTENDED AN INVITATION TO THE COMING CEREMONY IN MARCH, ENSURE YOU PAY THE FEE AND SUBMIT YOUR GNIB CARD ASAP AND ONCE IT'S DONE, NO NEED FOR RENEWAL OF YOUR VISA ANYMORE!
Thanks KingdomMan!
Is the March 4th ceremony to be held in Dublin?
Also If I need to travel in feb and I dont have my GNIB card with me and just a copy of it with the INIS letter will they let me back into Ireland?
Kind thanks for your help.
8)

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:12 pm

Ludmir67 wrote:Hi all,
I got my approval letter yesterday so happy, but now I wish the invitation for Citizenship Ceremony will come soon too!! I have sent my fee and GNIB card back to them today.
Does anyone think I will get an invitiation to the ceremony in Waterford if it happens on 4th March?

Here is my timeline with application based on spouse of Irish Citizen:
Poseted Application 21/09/2015
Acknowledged 2/10/2015
2nd Letter 29/10/2015
Approval 28/01/2016

Hope everyone else gets their approval soon
Good Luck!!!!
Congrats! The timing with your sending the fee and GNIB card is perfect and you look good to be extended an invitation to the March 4th ceremony.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:17 pm

hidoho345 wrote:
KingdomMan wrote:
Over the moon!

My timeline:
Submitted July 6th 2015
Approved Jan 19th 2016

Thanks KingdomMan!
Is the March 4th ceremony to be held in Dublin?
Also If I need to travel in feb and I dont have my GNIB card with me and just a copy of it with the INIS letter will they let me back into Ireland?
Kind thanks for your help.
8)
The March 4th ceremony is to be held in COUNTY WATERFORD!
Copies of your GNIB card and approval letter will suffice for your travels too pending the ceremony in March. It's already reflected on the immigration system that you're a citizen-in-waiting :)

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:20 am

green2016 wrote:Hi kingdom man

could you please send me email to xxxxxxxxxxxxx , I just need to ask something , I can't post message in boards please

Thank you
I've pm'd you here already.

Note As this is a public forum, I have removed all personal identifying details from your post so as to maintain your privacy & security.

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Last edited by noajthan on Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

dublin1924
Newly Registered

Post by dublin1924 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:36 am

Hello All, Specially Sir Kingdom Man,

Please advise that i sent my €950 draft to Inis and just checked the copy of the draft the Bank lady mentioned

the wrong date on the draft instead of mentioning 30-Jan-16 its mentioned 30-Jan 15.

Will this be a problem or should i contact inis or just keep quiet.

Please comment.

I am bit worried what can

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:12 am

dublin1924 wrote:Hello All, Specially Sir Kingdom Man,

Please advise that i sent my €950 draft to Inis and just checked the copy of the draft the Bank lady mentioned

the wrong date on the draft instead of mentioning 30-Jan-16 its mentioned 30-Jan 15.

Will this be a problem or should i contact inis or just keep quiet.

Please comment.

I am bit worried what can
That's an issue for the bank to sort I think. But if you've sent the draft already, it's advisable you wait for any response from the INIS. If you don't hear from them in about a week's time, I''ll suggest you send them an email to confirm the receipt of your fee (draft) and if all is okay and you'll be in for the March ceremony. If there's any issue though, the INIS will inform you ASAP! It's all good.

green2016

Post by green2016 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:34 am

KingdomMan wrote:
green2016 wrote:Hi kingdom man

could you please send me email to xxxxxxxxx, I just need to ask something , I can't post message in boards please

Thank you
I've pm'd you here already.
hi i am not authorised to get private messages , i am new to boards

could you please send me email (only if you can )

Thank you

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Last edited by noajthan on Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

A_Chara
Newly Registered

Post by A_Chara » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:03 pm

Hi,

My application was based on 5 years residency. My dates are as follows:

Applied on 28/07/2015
First acknowledgement letter 10/08/2015
Second acknowledgement letter 11/09/2015
Letter of approval 11/01/2016

Waiting for the ceremony invitation :D
All my best wishes to everyone in the process of becoming Irish.

Go n-éirí an bóthar libh.