ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC-KOLL Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mayankzen
Newly Registered

BC-KOLL Question

Post by Mayankzen » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:54 pm

Hi ,

My wife got her ILR in Aug 2014, she passed the LIUK test and for English language requirement , she provided an ESOL certificate level 3 for listening and speaking. In other words she completed the KOLL requirements during her settlement application.

We are planning to apply for the citizenship now. two questions:
1. do we have to prove her KOLL requirements again?
2. If yes,will her ESOl certificate still suffice?( i have read on gov.uk that they no longer take ESOl qualification as valid).

Can you please reply soon as i am a bit worried with this matter.

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks
Mayank

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: BC-KOLL Question

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:40 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Mayankzen
Newly Registered

Post by Mayankzen » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:57 am

Thanks for pointing me to the FAQs, i have already read them before posting this question.

I have had a chat with home office customer services and according to them HO has stopped accepting the ESOL certificates so even if you have acquired ILR using the ESOL, you still have to sit an English test to achieve the relevant level(again?)

I am more confused now.

Thanks
Alekh

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:26 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

SheetalKumari1985
Newly Registered

Post by SheetalKumari1985 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:27 pm

Hi,

I am in the same boat.

Received ILR in October 2014 with life in the uk and B1 (ESOl) passed.

Naturalisation due in Feb 2016 but confusion about English test. I am in the same boat.

Sushdmehta provided FAQs and great explanation. However, cr001 dispute sudmehta.

I agree that HO call centre staff do not provide same answer over the phone and they are absolutely useless.

Is there any document from home office or recent application experience after 12 November 2015 changes which states they received BC without submitting new English test.

Any comments?

Please help me!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:47 pm

SheetalKumari1985 wrote:Is there any document from home office ?
This isn't a document, but you may find the information useful. The page has been updated on January 15th, 2016.
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

SheetalKumari1985
Newly Registered

Post by SheetalKumari1985 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:47 pm

Thanks for replying. I read this information a few days ago. It states that "You can only use ESOL if they are their list" however, esol is not on their new recognised list. However, experienced forum user states to ignore this we are exempt as their FAQ. Maybe, I am not understanding and getting confused.

SheetalKumari1985
Newly Registered

Post by SheetalKumari1985 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:12 pm

Can senior member and moderator clarify my question please please? :( :(

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:09 pm

if you have read the AN form, it gives you options for satisfying the English requirement and one of them is English was already satisfied for ILR AFTER 28 October 2013. Simply tick this box. DO NOT ATTCH your ESOL certificate or anything else.

What you are relying on is the fact the you are already satisfied the English requirement as part of a previous application (in this case ILR applied after 28 October 2013), a provision the current AN form allows for, and not demonstrating the English again. This is why you do not submit your English certificate again as it would create confusion when your application is being considered whether you are using the certificate to demonstrate the English again which is no longer accepted.

Life in the UK test still needs to be submitted again though.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:13 pm

Mayankzen wrote:Thanks for pointing me to the FAQs, i have already read them before posting this question.

I have had a chat with home office customer services and according to them HO has stopped accepting the ESOL certificates so even if you have acquired ILR using the ESOL, you still have to sit an English test to achieve the relevant level(again?)

I am more confused now.

Thanks
Alekh
Read the comments on the forums. Home Office customer services are useless and known for giving out incorrect information. Wouldn't trust any information from them. This is contradictory from the information published by the Home office. I would go with the publish information that some random person on the phone.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

SheetalKumari1985
Newly Registered

Post by SheetalKumari1985 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:50 pm

Thanks WR1 for your response. Are there recent BC applications approved after 12 November 2015 given the people were in the same boat situation as my wife? Any recent experience?

Thanks

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:11 am

SheetalKumari1985 wrote:Thanks WR1 for your response. Are there recent BC applications approved after 12 November 2015 given the people were in the same boat situation as my wife? Any recent experience?

Thanks
Still early days so you will have to keep your eyes peeled open on this forum for an example to come along. My other half is in the exact same situation. Applied for ILR last year using ESOL Entry 3 for KOLL. However, she is not eligible for BC until July of this year so won't be applying until then. Will be using the fact English was already satisfied for ILR after 28 Oct 2013 option.

SheetalKumari1985
Newly Registered

Post by SheetalKumari1985 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:04 am

Hi,

Has anyone with ESOL B1 English level where their ILR application was approved between 28 October 2013 and 11 November 2015, If they have just ticked "I met my knowledge of language and life in the uk on or after 2013" in AN form after 12 November 2015 for their BC application? Has home office questioned anyone recently in the above scenario and asked these guys for new English test?

Are there any recent BC applications approved after 12 November 2015 where people just ticked ' I met my knowledge ........" And did not submit Esol B1 level in their application?

Is there any email from home office to anyone showing clarification in this matter?

SheetalKumari1985
Newly Registered

Post by SheetalKumari1985 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:12 pm

Is there any experience so far? I am sure that there are people out there who were in the same boat when they applied?

Can someone please reply?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:19 pm

SheetalKumari1985 wrote:Is there any experience so far? I am sure that there are people out there who were in the same boat when they applied?

Can someone please reply?
This recent case may be of interest.

Read & weep: http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 04299.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Sumatiya
Newly Registered

Post by Sumatiya » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:59 pm

I got my ILR Last Year Nov-2014. After A Year i apply for Naturalisation on DEC-2015, i Have provide all Documents Correct and accurate as per required.
Soon i got reply From Home office stating That we are not satisfied with your (English) Language requirement. I have provide them a Valid Certificate of GESE Grade ESOL 5 entry level 3 B1 Test from Trinity London for this, and most important i got ILR on the same Certificate on Nov-2014. this completely wrong decision by home office (even as per policy person who applied after 0ct-2013 ILR is not required to submit English Language requirement for naturalization) i have no idea why my case refused as i hold no crimes no offences no documents bad quality or any other problems since last 11 years .

SheetalKumari1985
Newly Registered

Post by SheetalKumari1985 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:11 pm

That's very shocking! It's good idea to contact your MP.
Are there more people in same scenario whose application got refused? People whose applications approved with the same scenario recently have not published their recent experience?

My wife is due to apply her BC application on 16 Feb 2016 and has not any other English test?

Can senior members guide us on this please?

Sumatiya
Newly Registered

Post by Sumatiya » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:21 pm

I ve been advise that i fill up NR Reconsideration Form ... fact that this all will end up wasting Time, Money and hassle ... what matters is they have given my no brief Reason for this refusal.
and this was not only my case but my spouse dependent (wife) too got refused applied together ... ILR Approved on Same Day on 1st Nov 2014 .... Applied BC on 15 Dec 2015 recieved refusal on 27-Feb-2016